Middle School State

infowrestling

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I believe that there would be a much better turnout, if the middle school state finals would be held after the IHSAA tournement series is over.  It would be much more convenient and I believe the quality of wrestlers attending would rise. Not to say that the quality is low now, but I think this is a way to improve middle school state.

I do not mind having it before state.  They could announce the winners sometime on Saturday or even allow them to walk ot Friday night.  This could possible increase the tournout at MS State.

I do not mind having it before state.  They could announce the winners sometime on Saturday or even allow them to walk ot Friday night.  This could possible increase the tournout at MS State.

I agree! This is their (Middle Schoolers) High School State Championship and to do something like bring them out before the High School Comp. starts on Friday night would be something really special for them.

I agree with wrestler60160, that would be great for the middle school kids to get to walk out on Friday night and be recognized for their accomplishments. After all they are our furture wrestlers and I'm sure that would prove to be a real motivator to get back there in High School.

The IHSAA would not even consider this. 

There has actually been some rumor that the National Federation would like to discourage Middle School State Championships in all sports.

Well then I guess it will have to be named:

New Castle Middle Schoolers Only Tournament ;D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.