Middle School Wrestling this weekend

xam148

I have heard of at least one middle school tournament this weekend and do not understand why. Could someone explain why any middle school would have a tournament during the tournament series and why would anyone else agree to come?

Over 500 are registered to one of the tournaments and a high school coach is running the tournament.  This isn't his first rodeo either. 

That tournament is not happening at the same time as semistate. 

We wrestle at East Jay on Saturday.  It stinks missing semistate, especially when family is wrestling, but that is our schedule so we wrestle.  It is funny because everyone is checking their phones for updates and people go to their cars during breaks to listen to the broadcast if they can get it to come in.

Over 500 are registered to one of the tournaments and a high school coach is running the tournament.  This isn't his first rodeo either. 

That tournament is not happening at the same time as semistate. 

We wrestle at East Jay on Saturday.  It stinks missing semistate, especially when family is wrestling, but that is our schedule so we wrestle.  It is funny because every is checking their phones for updates and people go to their cars during breaks to listen to the broadcast if they can get it to come in.

Didn't say it was...the original quote said the same weekend

I have heard of at least one middle school tournament this weekend and do not understand why. Could someone explain why any middle school would have a tournament during the tournament series and why would anyone else agree to come?

It's a very valid question.  For some of us, we'll come up to Fort Wayne Friday right after practice, go eat and whatnot.  Saturday, get to there at 6:30 wrestle all day, get back at about 10:00.  Sunday, get to New Castle at 7:30-8:00ish.  

I'm tired just thinking about it!

Could Middle School State be ANY OTHER TIME!?!?

This is what I think....

All High School Wrestling: Oct 15th through Feb 15th (4 months)

All Jr-High/ Middle School: Feb 15th through May 15th (3 months)

All Elementary Wrestling: August 15th through Oct 15th (2 months)

thats 9 months of Wrestling, 3 months of preparation, A full year of happiness!

All Club Wrestling: Year Round....just so I.H.S.A.A. rules are not violated.....we wouldn't want that now, would we....

Having any wrestling tournaments during the next three Saturdays is a disgrace not only to Indiana wrestling as a whole but to all the families that are forced into this position.  Last time I checked wrestling this late in the season is not only an honor but a great accomplishment.

I will miss my son wrestling this weekend at North White while I will be coaching at Merrilville SS. He understands that my first obligation is to my HS kids right now but it still stinks missing it.

I am VERY thankful that Rensselaer finally moved their middle school tourney from the weekend of State Finals to a later date in march. It has been pretty hectic the last few years trying to scramble around and get to Conseco on Saturday after the middle school meet is over with, not to mention missing Friday Night really sucks!

I will miss my son wrestling this weekend at North White while I will be coaching at Merrilville SS. He understands that my first obligation is to my HS kids right now but it still stinks missing it.

I am VERY thankful that Rensselaer finally moved their middle school tourney from the weekend of State Finals to a later date in march. It has been pretty hectic the last few years trying to scramble around and get to Conseco on Saturday after the middle school meet is over with, not to mention missing Friday Night really sucks!

WOW! there is a middle school tourney on the same weekend as the State FInals!?! that AD needs fired!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.