stalling

mvwrs

our coaching staff discussed this and we see it not fair for one kid to work hard for 5 mins while the other kid is defensive then when he is defensive for the last one min of the match he gets hit for stalling.  i believe the whole match should be taken into consideration not just the case by case moment.  this year we had a kid up by a point and went out of bounds with seven seconds left and he got hit for stalling two times and still had time to take a shot (at least he won in OT), if this isnt something that needs to be addressed state wide then we should just at least have wrestle backs.  ;D ;D ;D

I believe our young spelling challenged friend is trying to get opinions regarding the HWT championship match which was won by Mt. Vernon over Memorial.  The score was 1-0.  There were no stalling calls during the match and almost no offensive attempts after the first round.

The second period Memorial took down.  Mt. Vernon broke him down and threw in legs.  Memorial basically drew in his arms and waited for a stalemate while Mt. Vernon attempted a few unsuccessful moves.  Stalemate was eventually called.  This happened three or four times.  I can't remember as I may have nodded off.

I thought the match was poorly officiated.  I think stalling could have been called on both during the final minute of the first period.  Stalling was being yelled so much, it was as if the official just decided he was not going to call it.

The second period Memorial took down.  Mt. Vernon broke him down and threw in legs.  Memorial basically drew in his arms and waited for a stalemate while Mt. Vernon attempted a few unsuccessful moves.  Stalemate was eventually called.  This happened three or four times.  I can't remember as I may have nodded off.

Here is where I fly off the path most traveled.....I would either A.) call stalling on the top guy for throwing in legs OR B.) call stalling on both.  In a perfect world...I would NEVER call stalling on a bottom guy when the top man has legs in.

Very few have the skill or strength to secure a fall when riding legs...translation, they are not actively looking to improve their position.  They are riding on the back like ticks hoping the official will get tired of watching it and call stalling to force the bottom man to do something totally stupid to advance his position.  IMHO, riding legs is like the 4 corners in basketball designed to occupy time with little or no risk...

ok but the bottom man just cant lay on the mat you can stalling on the bottom man and then when alex shot he just backed off the mat you can not ball up on the mat when you on bottom and do nothing at least alex was trining something i was not very happy today with the way things where called.

but i don't think it's a stalemat come on no way you call a stalemat. I don't think you should be able to ball up either bottom has to at least try and then if top man is still doing nothing then call stalling but he never even tried to move off the bottom

MVWRS,

I can sort of gather what you are trying to say here.  In my opinion stalling should be called on both wrestlers.  

In the future, please try to take a little more time composing your message so that other people can fully understand what you are asking.  Especially if you want them to reply.

There is nothing more unappealing than 570 lbs. of stalling on the mat, whoever you want to call it on, it is most unappealing.

When Borkowski tucked in his arms, Alex should have turked his head into the next county.  Cranking on the arms was never going to work, and as Awood1 pointed out, could be construed as stalling as well.

Taking what I have read (or "red" in mt. vernon), the Castle Regional mats were stale? Has anyone out there had their mats go stale before???? I recommend a giant "chip clip"...that's always helped my Doritos not go stale.

Watching the match myself, neither did much and Borko may of laid there but he definitely didn't ball up. Have you ever seen a 285 lb ball up. He just didn't do anything. White in my opinion should of been more active or aggressive to force the official to call the stalling on Borko. Neither happened. You can't just sit on someone hips and keep trying to fight to get under his arms without some other sort of activity. Bounce to the side or make it look like your attempting something. Very boring match. How many OT matches were there at Castle Saturday. Yes the mats were stale gnome. :D I liked that ;D

well i did not see the match, but imo stalling is when a wrestlers does not attempt to advance his/her (gender inclusive) position when he/she has the opportunity to do so.

A stalemate is when neither wrestler has the ability to advance their position.

well i did not see the match, but imo stalling is when a wrestlers does not attempt to advance his/her (gender inclusive) position when he/she has the opportunity to do so.

A stalemate is when neither wrestler has the ability to advance their position.

Pretty good explanation pin2win1. Neither wrestler tried to attempt to advance in my opinion.

Here is where I fly off the path most traveled.....I would either A.) call stalling on the top guy for throwing in legs OR B.) call stalling on both.  In a perfect world...I would NEVER call stalling on a bottom guy when the top man has legs in.

Very few have the skill or strength to secure a fall when riding legs...translation, they are not actively looking to improve their position.  They are riding on the back like ticks hoping the official will get tired of watching it and call stalling to force the bottom man to do something totally stupid to advance his position.  IMHO, riding legs is like the 4 corners in basketball designed to occupy time with little or no risk...

I am glad to hear someone else make these comments.  There were a few of us having this exact conversation yesterday. 

Leg riders tend to forget that putting the legs in is a way to secure a pinning combination and treat it more as a security blanket to bleed time off the clock. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.