140:  Simms, Welch, Hoehn, Voegel

145:  Richard, Zenthoefer, Boyle, Marshall

152:  Ritter, Stein, Weiss, Pettijohn

160:  Easterling, Weikel, Edge, Haire

171:  Wedding, Mann, Choate, Boots

189:  Rosebrock, Carlisle, Price, Adams

215:  Robison, Ruggeri, Wimpleberg, Kercher

285:  White, Borkowski, Daugherty, Carlisle

I'll agree with most of these, with some miner modifications!!! Good work Jon!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

103: Kuhn, Hall, Appell, Lawalin

112: Griesemer, Brown, Moody, Hirsch

119: Johns, Schroeder, Flynn, McEllhiney

125: Henderson, Doud, Rueger, Konrath

130: Seitz, Girten, Kast, Harmon

135: Welch, DeHaven, Wade, Weinzapfel

140: Sims, Welch, Smith, Hoehn

145: Zenthoefer, Richard, Schleter, Boyle

152: Stein, Weiss, Ritter, Pettijohn

160: Kleemann, Weikel, Haire, Pace

171: Wedding, Mann, Boots, Choate

189: Rosebrock, Carlile, Price, Adams

215: Robison, Froehlich, Kercher, Wimpelberg

285: White, Borkowski, Carlisle, Daugherty

I have to give some love to the Tell City guys.  I don't see why anyone has Froehlich advancing.  He should beat Ruggeri and he only lost to Kercher 6-5 at the Holiday Classic because the ref took the match away from him.  I look for him and Kleemann to both make some noise.  ;D

Those are some questionalble predictions?

1. Lawilan - He's got a shot but the kid from Memorial is tough

2. Kast - Has to get by a very good Zach Wolf from Harrision

3. Flyn - I somewhat agree with this Flyn is older and has a shot to beat a Freshmen. Should be a good match up the kid from Mt. Vernon is tough.

4. Kleeman - Has to get by Easterling and you have him winning it, didn't he lose to Haire last week? Kleeman lost Steckler in PAC and Easterling has already beaten Steckler this year.

5. Froelich - Has to get by Ruggeri that kid is a stud the odds of him getting by Ruggeri and Kercher are slim. How did the ref take away from him at the classic??

OK...here are my picks, although I didn't do too hot with my shot at Sectionals...so we'll see how I fair after Saturday:

112: Griesemer, Brown, Moody, Leimkuehler

119: Johns, Schroeder, Flynn, McElhiney

125: Henderson, Rueger, Konrath, Sulawske

130: Girten, Weinzapfel, Kast, Burkhart

135: DeHaven, Welch, Weinzapfel, Wade

140: Sims, Hoehn, Welch, Smith

152: Stein, Weiss, Ritter, King

160: Easterling, Pace, Weikel, Haire

171: Wedding, Mann, Boots, Cowan

189: Rosebrock, Carlile, May, Price

215: Kercher, Robison, Ruggeri, Wimpelberg

285: White, Borkowski, Carlisle, VanWinkle

I know there will be some arguments with some of my picks, but this is how I think it will play out. After Sectionals, I'm not counting anybody out!

103: Kuhn, Hall, Dunkel, Lawalin

119: Johns, Schroeder, McEllhiney, Flynn

130: Girten, Seitz, Burkhart, Kast

135: Welch, DeHaven, Weinzapfel, Wade

145: Richard, Zenthoefer, Marshall, Boyle

160: Easterling, Edge, Weikel, Haire

189: Rosebrock, Carlile, Price, May

215: Robinson, Kercher, Wimpelberg, Ruggeri

Didn't Meurer from Mt. Vernon pin Wade earlier in the year; and for Boots to beat Choate Boots has to first beat Georges 

I have to give some love to the Tell City guys.  I don't see why anyone has Froehlich advancing.  He should beat Ruggeri and he only lost to Kercher 6-5 at the Holiday Classic because the ref took the match away from him.  I look for him and Kleemann to both make some noise.  ;D

3. Flyn - I somewhat agree with this Flyn is older and has a shot to beat a Freshmen. Should be a good match up the kid from Mt. Vernon is tough.

4. Kleeman - Has to get by Easterling and you have him winning it, didn't he lose to Haire last week? Kleeman lost Steckler in PAC and Easterling has already beaten Steckler this year.

5. Froelich - Has to get by Ruggeri that kid is a stud the odds of him getting by Ruggeri and Kercher are slim. How did the ref take away from him at the classic??

Haha.. Yea I'm a little biased towards Tell City lol.  But I think Froehlich has already beaten Ruggeri.  At the Classic vs. Kercher he got called for stalling three times and locked hands twice.  I think only the first stalling warning and one locked hands call were legitimate.  It was at MD and I think the refs were looking to call everything they could get away with in order for Kercher to win.  It might have been the worst officiated match I've ever seen.  I think Kleemann has the potential to win if he has the right mindset.  Like I said, I'm from Tell City so I like to think they will do well.  ;)

Didn't Meurer from Mt. Vernon pin Wade earlier in the year; and for Boots to beat Choate Boots has to first beat Georges 

Boots is pretty darn good.  He beat Choate at Sectionals.  Not sure if he's ever wrestled Georges. 

Haha.. Yea I'm a little biased towards Tell City lol.  But I think Froehlich has already beaten Ruggeri.  At the Classic vs. Kercher he got called for stalling three times and locked hands twice.  I think only the first stalling warning and one locked hands call were legitimate.  It was at MD and I think the refs were looking to call everything they could get away with in order for Kercher to win.  It might have been the worst officiated match I've ever seen.  I think Kleemann has the potential to win if he has the right mindset.  Like I said, I'm from Tell City so I like to think they will do well.  ;)

Nothing wrong with being biased for your own guys. Don't get me wrong I think Froelich has the potential but it's a tall order to beat both those guys to finish 2nd. I remember the match from the classic, I was wondering why Froelich didn't cut him in the first place. That said Kercher is wrestling much better than he was during the classic and has been a hammer as of late and is much better on his feet.

And NO froehlich has not beat Ruggeri this year and i dont think it is going to happen. its ok to be baise but lets be realistic.

What happened during their match at the rotating tourney? Maybe I was wrong about that match.  And I don't think its unrealistic at all to think he can beat Ruggeri.  I guess will we have to agree to disagree.

Sure he might have beaten Wade? No idea. Just throwing out some pics. Nothing is a sure thing tho, White winning sectional was thought to be a sure thing.

Boots is pretty darn good.  He beat Choate at Sectionals.  Not sure if he's ever wrestled Georges. 

Boots hasn't wrestled Georges during the regular season, maybe they've wrestled during the offseason. Boots is peaking at the right time, just coming off a big win against Choate.........

Sure he might have beaten Wade? No idea. Just throwing out some pics. Nothing is a sure thing tho, White winning sectional was thought to be a sure thing.

Yes Meurer pinned Wade at the Turkey Classic in MtVernon.

Ruggeri had better wrestle at Regionals because he didn't do a whole lot at sections.  He was lucky to place in the top four with his 1-2 record.  I think everyone knows he can perform much better.  Maybe it was rust, injury, or nerves.  Maybe all three.  Unleash the beast.

I think Wolf at 130 is someone that could creep up on guys!!!  I also think that Rueger will come back and take that class at 125!!! Brown will be tough at 112!!! Everybody knows who I got at 103!! Nobody will touch Johns at 119!!

I think Wolf at 130 is someone that could creep up on guys!!!  I also think that Rueger will come back and take that class at 125!!! Brown will be tough at 112!!! Everybody knows who I got at 103!! Nobody will touch Johns at 119!!

That was my point to the Tell City guy Wolf is really good. I think Henderson wins again now that he's pinned Rueger, but boy hasn't been fun watching these two guys go at it. I don't think Brown makes it out of the semi's. By the way I'm always rooting for the redhead........

That was my point to the Tell City guy Wolf is really good. I think Henderson wins again now that he's pinned Rueger, but boy hasn't been fun watching these two guys go at it. I don't think Brown makes it out of the semi's. By the way I'm always rooting for the redhead........

Them 2 have really went at it this year!! As far as nut goes I know he got pinned with like 20-25 seconds left, but that was still a very good match and boosted him right up and he knows its not out of reach, I think he just might surprize a few people, all his losses are to Kuhn!!! BlueBolt said it best when he said Nut turns it up in Feb.!!!!! I hope he or she is right!!!!

I think that Nut did do a much better job against Kuhn even though the result was a pin.  It was a close match and I felt that after Kuhn built a small lead and put Nut on his back that Nut knew it was over and wasn't worried about weather he got pinned or beaten by one... he just knew he lost.

Same for Ruegger... he was obviously sick and after he lost the takedown in overtime he knew he lost and gave up after the takedown.  A pin would not have been the result had the takedown happend in the third period with time on the clock.  Kudos to Henderson on the takedown in overtime though.

I think that Nut did do a much better job against Kuhn even though the result was a pin.  It was a close match and I felt that after Kuhn built a small lead and put Nut on his back that Nut knew it was over and wasn't worried about weather he got pinned or beaten by one... he just knew he lost.

Same for Ruegger... he was obviously sick and after he lost the takedown in overtime he knew he lost and gave up after the takedown.  A pin would not have been the result had the takedown happend in the third period with time on the clock.  Kudos to Henderson on the takedown in overtime though.

As I said in an earlier post it has been fun watch all four of these boys battle. I know everyone wants to win, but sometimes it just doesn't happen, but these guys bring it everytime and compete.

I think, not saying it will happen but ask Saluwske, Konrath is pretty good about studying somebody and its hard to beat him back to back so he might be able to upset Henderson and wrestle Rueger in the finals. But i'm sorry for the 125 pounders from the castle sectionals because they worked their butts off saturday and then got stuck in a bad situation cause i dont think any of them will make it out and that sucks for them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.