New Pound for Pound Released

Y2CJ41

I can't argue against the current top 10, but for future reference remember the name Michael Johnson-Jones (189 @ Warren Central).  This young man is a tough athlete and should be on the podium this year and, in my opinion, at the top of it next year.

Coach Vic

I can't argue against the current top 10, but for future reference remember the name Michael Johnson-Jones (189 @ Warren Central).  This young man is a tough athlete and should be on the podium this year and, in my opinion, at the top of it next year.

Coach Vic

That kid is a man-child. I couldn't believe the raw talent he showed last year. It looks like all he needs is mat experience.

Dingo...You are right, he is a man-child.  This young man amazes me everyday.  He is a very strong athlete who is starting to understand how to use his hips during a match and his quickness is second to none. 

In addition and more importantly, he is a good person who always has an even keel personality, always has a smile on his face and busts his butt all the time.  This is a young man any coach would be proud to coach!

Coach Vic

Raley had been very sick leading up to Connersville and I have to agree that if he would have been able to wrestle there with Johns and Kiefer that we would have had a better feel. Oh well we will know where he stands in the next four weeks. It is no cake walk with Milton in the sectionals and it will just keep getting harder from there on out with the expected match up with Johns in the Semi-state.

I also would think Billy Baker should have some consideration in this. I wonder how many wrestlers have two championship rings from the same year? He already has the football, and has a good chance of getting the wrestling one.

After Briar pins everyone in the state finals, do you think he will move up to 9th?

maybe not after he gets pinned by myers

Haha we will see what happens....Myers is a big strong kid, but i dont think he can hang technically with Runyan... Im goin with Runyan by 2 or 3

Booker - have you seen Myers wrestle?  He can hang with anyone technically. 

After Briar pins everyone in the state finals, do you think he will move up to 9th?

Haha we will see what happens....Myers is a big strong kid, but i dont think he can hang technically with Runyan... Im goin with Runyan by 2 or 3

Booker - have you seen Myers wrestle?  He can hang with anyone technically. 

It's not that he can hang, but he can beat anyone in the state!  The kid is definately a stud and he is getting better and better.

Runyan is amazing and should certainly be much higher than 10th.  His problem is, he isn't from "the region."  Bring on the boos.

he issnt from the region hes from a region though- the region of kentucky in indiana. its ok i used to live in paragon so i cant say that. but the reason i dont think he is higher is becuase he hasnt had much quality mat time so far, this year.

Part of the lack of quality competition for Runyan is that the schools who have quality to put against him on our schedule have chosen to avoid him.  Several schools (not naming names) that Martinsville has faced on Saturday multiple dual meets have sent out underclassemen to face him then wrestled their main man against the other teams there...assuming to protect their records for sectional seeding.  Others have simply forfeited.  Runyan bumped up last week just to get another match.

My son, Joe, is a freshman wrestling at 171 (a little light at that).  He's pretty good, but has stumbled against some of the "men" he's faced.  He practices with Runyan every day.  In his words, no one he's faced this year is any where close to Runyan.  Joe lost to Tanner Wedding 11 - 1 at the Memorial tournament in December and has faced some other quality wrestlers and is 21 - 11.  Although it's not a stellar record, we're proud of what he's done as a freshman in a tough weight class and are anxious to see what happens this weekend.  Bottom line...Joe has a season's worth of direct experience with Runyan.  Runyan is the real deal.

I was just stirring the pot a little with the "region" comment.  I know several very formidable wrestlers from that area.  Couldn't resist chucking a grenade into the room to see what happened. ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.