Rensselaer Central's 9th & 10th Grade Tourney

I wrestled at this in high school as a freshman to make up for lost matches from illness, and it really is an excellent tournament. If there was a frosh/soph state this would be it.

Thankfully no, that's just the outhouse Y2.

An update to Bomber Wrestling's post: there are now currently 24 teams participating and over 230 wrestlers entered. A 25th team, Jennings County may be joining the festivities if they get the ok from their athletic director. Should be a great day of wrestling by the young kids.

There used to be shirts for the winners, not sure if they still give them out or not.  JV states is a good analysis.  My Freshman year there were two guys in my weight class alone who qualified for state as upper classmen.

I never wrestled in this tourney, but I always wanted one of those shirts!  Coach Burvan would never let me wrestle in this tourney for fear that I would get hurt for the state meet.  They were pretty nice shirts!  The kids liked wearing them to show their pride and accomplishment!  Maybe next year Rensselaer Central's old Coach Meeks might donate the shirts for next years event??????  Come on Coach!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.