Poor Coverage...it's our own fault

jdmdjm

I read the post about the Evansville paper. You could just replace the name of the paper with numerous others around the state. But why does that surprise you? We have OUR OWN place to go for results and they are just as lacking. Are all the wrestling results from this last weekend in the results section? Team and/or individual results are missing from all over the state. We need to do a better job ourselves.

I read the post about the Evansville paper. You could just replace the name of the paper with numerous others around the state. But why does that surprise you? We have OUR OWN place to go for results and they are just as lacking. Are all the wrestling results from this last weekend in the results section? Team and/or individual results are missing from all over the state. We need to do a better job ourselves.

I would think that with over a 1000 members, everyone should have some type of results to post. From all over the state!

I completely agree. Everyone that is a member here whether it be coach,wrestler,or fan should post results about duals or meets that they attend.

However I do understand the thought by some to not reveal information about individual wrestlers.

Everyones cooperation on this is what will truly make this site a benchmark for any other state to strive for.

We always talk about how the wrestling community is like a fraternity and/or family. Here is a chance to prove it. 

Obviously, I love posting results and commenting on certain wrestlers or teams.  I never could understand why certain teams won't post their results.  They may be worried about other teams or individuals knowing what weight their wrestlers are going?  This is easy enough to find out with a little leg work or scouting.  However, nobody really knows until the sectionals.

I've never understood not posting results. Baseball has box scores, football generally has a stat or line score, track and swimming show times of events. What is the big deal ; show who wrestled who and what was the score was. I know baseball fans would be pissed if they didn't get to see who pitched the game or who hit the home runs and scored.  >:(

I have always looked at it like this:

If Smith has to wrestle Jones this weekend, they are going to know they will be wrestling.  The fact is, it will happen regardless if they know it or not.  Trying to keep it all hush hush is a bit silly.

Of course the argument will be made that it is harder to keep the kids focused if they are being discussed.  Well we need to consider a couple of things on that point.

A.  It's all a part of growing up.  We ALL have that sort of thing happen from time to time.  Trust me the B.S. that can be said about someone is of no surprise to me.  Taking things with a grain of salt is one lesson people need to learn EARLY. 

B.  We living in the Information Age.  Much of the information we are given is totally bogus and full of errors.  If the information did come directly from "Official" sources then the crap and gossip would be minimized to the point of being CLEARLY bogus and discarded by thinking people.  Those who held on to it as factual would most likely buy a Senate Seat I have on Craigslist at the moment.

Our kids are NOT precious little snow flakes.  They are human beings.  They have their very own faults and frailities.  To believe that they don't know something shows ignorance on our parts as adults.  To try to hide things from them only encourages them to seek out the information in any of the countless ways they can.  It's just seems to me that everyone SHOULD be afforded the opportunity to have VALID information based on the outcome of events already held. 

I am not so much in favor of "pick'ems" or predictions.  BUT that is not because of the possible "issues" it may cause this kid or that.  It is because the true beauty of the sport we all love is "Anything Can Happen".  Which oddly enough is the SAME reason why I think sharing results is NOT a bad thing.  Results - by definition - have happened in the past.  It's DONE.  The next 6 minutes are undecided.  Go out and sieze those 6 minutes.  Who cares what people think MIGHT happen!

OWN those minutes.  And guess what...If you happen to lose, well that is a part of life we ALL have to face.  Predictions are just guess work based on whatever is presumed as factual.

OK...I feel better now...  LOL

Our kids are NOT precious little snow flakes.  

BlueBolt,  How many times did you watch, "Fight Club?"  That's a great line!

Actually that is more a George Carlin reference than a Fight Club reference...That man understood more about how screwed up people are than anyone else on this planet EVER!  LOL

For the record...I CAN NOT STAND parents who act like their kid is special...You just want to kick the snot out of them AND their kid to prove they are plain old mortals like the rest of us!

I have always looked at it like this:

If Smith has to wrestle Jones this weekend, they are going to know they will be wrestling.  The fact is, it will happen regardless if they know it or not.  Trying to keep it all hush hush is a bit silly.

Of course the argument will be made that it is harder to keep the kids focused if they are being discussed.  Well we need to consider a couple of things on that point.

A.  It's all a part of growing up.   We ALL have that sort of thing happen from time to time.  Trust me the B.S. that can be said about someone is of no surprise to me.   Taking things with a grain of salt is one lesson people need to learn EARLY.  

B.  We living in the Information Age.   Much of the information we are given is totally bogus and full of errors.  If the information did come directly from "Official" sources then the crap and gossip would be minimized to the point of being CLEARLY bogus and discarded by thinking people.  Those who held on to it as factual would most likely buy a Senate Seat I have on Craigslist at the moment.

Our kids are NOT precious little snow flakes.   They are human beings.  They have their very own faults and frailities.   To believe that they don't know something shows ignorance on our parts as adults.   To try to hide things from them only encourages them to seek out the information in any of the countless ways they can.   It's just seems to me that everyone SHOULD be afforded the opportunity to have VALID information based on the outcome of events already held. 

I am not so much in favor of "pick'ems" or predictions.  BUT that is not because of the possible "issues" it may cause this kid or that.  It is because the true beauty of the sport we all love is "Anything Can Happen".  Which oddly enough is the SAME reason why I think sharing results is NOT a bad thing.  Results - by definition - have happened in the past.   It's DONE.  The next 6 minutes are undecided.  Go out and sieze those 6 minutes.   Who cares what people think MIGHT happen!

OWN those minutes.   And guess what...If you happen to lose, well that is a part of life we ALL have to face.  Predictions are just guess work based on whatever is presumed as factual.

OK...I feel better now...  LOL

well said blueblot  ive  have to agree with you there ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.