First timer at Al Smith help...

AJ

No offense, Mazatlan is much more authentic than Hacienda, but I have not been back since a MPD buddy was called there for a security alarm set off by motion detector, and it wasn't set off by 2 legged mammals if you get my drift.  Not my story, straight from the officer.

That just means they were using fresh meat ;D

If your looking for some really good Mexican food, then I would suggest California.  The joint is now 2/3 hispanic.  I would think there should be no problem finding authentic cuisine.  Can't wait to try the Hacienda.

thanks for the tip

Last year we took a shot at " Famous Dave's Barbecue ". The "feast" was a meal worth remembering. Ribs, chicken and brisket, slaw, beans. taters, and the best cornbread muffins you ever had. And real reasonably priced.

I'd also recommend the pulled chicken sandwich from Dave's...good stuff.

Any word on the broadcast this year?  Will there be one?

www.broadcastsport.net will be doing both days and from both gyms on Tuesday.

Just an aside, if you're a business and looking to sponsor this event, please go to their website.  I know it's a little late to add that, but I told one of their people that I would mention it.

Mishawaka Brewing Company-restaurant did close but the pub is still open for the next few months.

Another good mexican restaurant is Fiesta Tapitia on 20 just down the road from Mazatlan, though I also like Mazatlan.

Main St. Grille is a little high class (meaning pricing) for us wrestling types.

Doc's is good and is right next door to Main St. Grille.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.