Mooresville Regional v Fort Wayne Semi State

On 2/23/2024 at 11:09 AM, purdue02 said:

Boyd did beat him in the regular season.  I think that it would be close but I'll still give it to Boyd.  Sometimes those 3rd place matches at State can get a little funny.

Is this like a Yianna vs Nick Lee where Yianni didn't try? 

On 2/22/2024 at 7:49 PM, purdue02 said:

What's the score?

106 - Malone (Monrovia) v Boyd (Delta)

113 - Dickman (Brownsburg) v Bollinger (Delta)

120 - Larocca (Center Grove) v Tishner (Western)

126 - Rioux (Avon) v Daniels (Union City)

132 - Hockaday (Brownsburg) v Bradley (Cowan)

138 - Ison (Brownsbirg) v Wood (Jay County)

144 - Courtney (Center Grove) v Doster (New Haven)

150 - Kresja (Center Grove) v Elkins (New Haven)

157 - Day (Brownsburg) v Betz (Western)

165 - Derringer (Brownsburg) v Myers (Belmont)

175 - Clouser (Center Grove) v Leech (Garrett)

190 - Henry (Brownsburg) v Cressell (Wabash)

215 - Brewer (Brownsburg) v Martin (Belmont)

285 - Johnson (Center Grove) v Hartleroad (DeKalb)

FW wins at 144, 157, 165, 175, swing at 215. Dare i say FW doesn't get bonus (maybe 165). FW headed in the right direction to being stronger than EC.

1 hour ago, THECountyFan said:

FW wins at 144, 157, 165, 175, swing at 215. Dare i say FW doesn't get bonus (maybe 165). FW headed in the right direction to being stronger than EC.

Would love to see that Clouser vs Leech rematch. A 2-1 match with an extremely late and controversial scissor call to decide it. Feel like that one could go either way

1 hour ago, WrestlingDad1 said:

Would love to see that Clouser vs Leech rematch. A 2-1 match with an extremely late and controversial scissor call to decide it. Feel like that one could go either way

Controversial? He scissored his legs over the head. All the referees saw it, including the head referee of the whole event. It was accidentally not called right away. That isn't controversial. 

2 hours ago, aoberlin said:

Controversial? He scissored his legs over the head. All the referees saw it, including the head referee of the whole event. It was accidentally not called right away. That isn't controversial. 

He had an arm in between and zero pressure applied. There are multiple pictures and a video to show this

Edited by WrestlingDad1

20 minutes ago, WrestlingDad1 said:

He had an arm in between and zero pressure applied. There are multiple pictures and a video to show this

Actually after going deep into the rule book I do see it says that with or without an arm it can be called. Was disappointed it was made at the table well after the whistle. Great match decided by that call. Would like to see the rematch.

1 minute ago, WrestlingDad1 said:

Actually after going deep into the rule book I do see it says that with or without an arm it can be called. Was disappointed it was made at the table well after the whistle. Great match decided by that call. Would like to see the rematch.

Yep. Had a kid lose in the ticket round with that exact position. It was a great match.