JV Individual State

11 hours ago, rhayes said:

The regionals were cancelled due to weather. All that registered for a regional were moved into the State bracket. This is going to be a great event! Nearly 500 wrestlers!

Due to the amount of participants, weigh in has been moved to 8:00 with wrestling to start at 9:00 and there will be 10 mats instead of 6!

Yeah… so let’s talk about registration… for some regionals (one is still open) it was left open past the 13th or the day regionals were supposed to be held. As a result, tons of late registrations and the brackets have ballooned. 

No excuse for late registrations and they shouldn’t be accepted. 

While I realize that may not be a popular stance… this is why Central Regionals got out of hand last year in the Fort. Yes, the dude running the tournament cut his nose to spite his face but the late registrations that were allowed killed that tournament. 

17 hours ago, CoachSanabria said:

The Regional at Southridge wasn't canceled, and we had kids who placed in the top 4 and kids who didn't. So, am I only to take my kids who finished in the top 4, or am I to take all my kids who signed up for the Regional to State?

All kids qualify!