throws/upper body technique

13 hours ago, mikelane1609 said:

Does anyone have any recommendations on where a kid can go to learn upper body technique?  I have looked everywhere and can’t find camps that might help.  thanks for any insight. 

We are located in central Indiana and attend one of the academies and it does a great job of teaching folkstyle and freestyle during the respective season. I was just curious if anyone had been to anyone or to a specific club for that type of training as I have found it hard to find for my son.  Really just trying to find technical instruction to help get comfortable with over under, double underhooks, hip/ feet positioning - that sort of thing.  Not that I really want him wrestling there in general but because there are kids who do and I am trying to get him comfortable when there.  Willing to drive wherever or pay for privates if I can find the right place or person.  

Where are you located? I'm sure one of the wrestling clubs in state could help you with that upon request. Take the money you would spend on a camp and use it for training. Just a suggestion good luck.

I'd call MCWC in Evansville Matt and Blake ate as good as it gets.

On 4/16/2023 at 9:55 AM, mikelane1609 said:

Really just trying to find technical instruction to help get comfortable with over under, double underhooks, hip/ feet positioning - that sort of thing.

A martial arts club that teaches Judo would be helpful.

Judo focuses on takedown throws from the standing position. It would be very helpful to get someone comfortable in those positions.

Traditionally they would probably start from the basics & be fairly slow in the training progression. But if you were to explain what you are wanting, they might be willing to work with someone on an individual basis & tailor the training accordingly.

On 4/20/2023 at 8:28 AM, SIACfan said:

A martial arts club that teaches Judo would be helpful.

Judo focuses on takedown throws from the standing position. It would be very helpful to get someone comfortable in those positions.

Traditionally they would probably start from the basics & be fairly slow in the training progression. But if you were to explain what you are wanting, they might be willing to work with someone on an individual basis & tailor the training accordingly.

Yessir! I think I could assist him well in this dept! 

• 3 weeks later...

I do club and individual Greco and big point throws and high flying scoring attacks at north Miami high school using the suples arena mat (one of few schools in the nation to have one in their room). this allows for safe drilling and live wrestling of these big moves that offers a huge advantage over those that half to stop the moves before the finish or can't get high reps of drilling throws due to high risk of injury. I do not charge fees to come to practice or for small group or individual sessions if the athlete has a usa Wrestling card. Contact me if interested 

IMG_20230421_095829.jpg

IMG_20230421_095815.jpg