Purdue vs Indiana

After a lackluster Dual season, the Boilers answer the bell with two AA’s this year. The Hoosiers came within a whisker of getting on the podium, but had a good dual season. All good, as I see it, but two different ways to a successful season. And good for the state of Indiana with two Big Ten programs. Only thing better would be if these two schools were able to retain Indiana’s elite. Think about what the results could have been on the big stage this year. 

Purdue is in a very interesting spot next year. They were one of, if not the, youngest team in the country this year. They also had key injuries to Thomas Penola and Jake Null that I think elevates them from worst in the Big Ten to middle of the pack. Purdue brings back Ramos as the lead AA contender, but no one else really of that caliber yet. Filius and Coleman are gone, I wonder Greyson Clark and Joey Blaze go right away at those spots? 174 should be manned by either Jake Null, who was a highly regarded transfer, or Brody Baumann, who had a very good redshirt year. 184 and 197 were weak spots this year manned by freshmen, wonder if Orlando Cruz can break through, or someone bumps up. And I liked what Dustin Norris and Hayden Coppass looked at the end of the year as freshmen. 

Purdue could be back to a middle pack dual team, and hopefully get Ramos back on the podium. The portal also looms large as it does nowadays, both for potential guys coming and going. 

Thanks for the PU analysis.  Purdue only looked bad this year because of the injuries. And as you know , the have nots in the league don’t have the depth of the haves. And aren’t able to plug in a backup all American at a whim. But they showed that they are developing wrestlers to compete on the big stage. No doubt boilers are mid to upper in the conference. Now the other team in the state needs to take it up another notch or two. 

14 hours ago, Thor said:

Purdue is in a very interesting spot next year. They were one of, if not the, youngest team in the country this year. They also had key injuries to Thomas Penola and Jake Null that I think elevates them from worst in the Big Ten to middle of the pack. Purdue brings back Ramos as the lead AA contender, but no one else really of that caliber yet. Filius and Coleman are gone, I wonder Greyson Clark and Joey Blaze go right away at those spots? 174 should be manned by either Jake Null, who was a highly regarded transfer, or Brody Baumann, who had a very good redshirt year. 184 and 197 were weak spots this year manned by freshmen, wonder if Orlando Cruz can break through, or someone bumps up. And I liked what Dustin Norris and Hayden Coppass looked at the end of the year as freshmen. 

Purdue could be back to a middle pack dual team, and hopefully get Ramos back on the podium. The portal also looms large as it does nowadays, both for potential guys coming and going. 

Norris and Coppas really did find a groove at the end of the year, they will be big for them going forward.

Also would love to see Joey go right away,  dude is special.

Edited by bigballerb

7 minutes ago, bigballerb said:

Norris and Coppas really did find a groove at the end of the year, they will be big for them going forward.

Also would love to see Joey go right away,  dude is special.

I'm very excited for Joey Blaze, I just am never sure with a true freshman going unless he's like Spencer Lee or Mark Hall. I hate burning a year of eligibility on a development year, but Purdue has had success with true freshmen under Ersland, and Joey would seem like the best of the bunch. 

Also reading up on some of Willie's and Flo's articles for next year, looks like Kendall Coleman has a shot to be back? Willie has him in his crystal ball rankings and Flo has him with one year of eligibility left. But the Purdue account's congratulated him on a great career, so he's probably moving on. 

23 minutes ago, Thor said:

Also reading up on some of Willie's and Flo's articles for next year, looks like Kendall Coleman has a shot to be back? Willie has him in his crystal ball rankings and Flo has him with one year of eligibility left. But the Purdue account's congratulated him on a great career, so he's probably moving on. 

Would of loved to see him comeback to try and snag a medal, but still a great career for him.

Interesting side note about Coleman Washington and Yaya of northwestern.They all worked out together for years before their college careers began. Not sure but being friends, they may still get together in the off season. 

23 minutes ago, Disco said:

Interesting side note about Coleman Washington and Yaya of northwestern.They all worked out together for years before their college careers began. Not sure but being friends, they may still get together in the off season. 

Good ole Harvey Twister boys.