Gunner Henry Needs More Love

10 hours ago, navy80 said:

Wow. So two sets of twins? That's awesome!

Twins and triplets in 8th grade, 2 boys and a girl! Zack is an incoming light heavy to heavy weight, Ben will be 160-175 freshman. Paul will pack on some more weight for football, he was listed for football at 245, Wil was listed at 235 for football, Will will have to drop weight after football, I'm not a fan of changes in the weight classes, 5lbs is still 5lbs, especially for a 6'-4 or so lean machine, all play football! Plus we have another incoming freshman heavy weight/football player in Tony Brooks! They will all get jv/varsity 2, and varsity matches when CP plays around with our line up, they will rest Will & Paul against lesser competition. Plus we have a few other big boys that play football and wrestle, one's out with injury, and one will wrestle at fresh/soph state this weekend!

4 hours ago, Mattyb said:

1. Not true… 2. Gunner is a class act all the way around… He is nothing but a class act … 3. It’s called mutual respect … It’s called respect for your opponents... 4. Gunner deserves high praise and much love.

When I read the title of this thread, I was thinking, “Lighten up, Francis” and that joking was appropriate. My attempt at humor appears to have hit a sensitive nerve, and that was not the intention. Given the week later timing, a mini flex strikes me as a bit funny. Timing is everything with humor, and some of the classiest people use humor appropriately. Humor and class are not mutually exclusive. 

1.  I’ll look for the Carnahan Region Sports Nation video to see if I have confused the wrong person who did the flex. If I misspoke, I’ll issue an advance, contingent apology. 
2. No dispute. 

3. You seem to have misunderstood my post. The Ohio State coach comment about the truly great not needing smack talk was intended to point out how truly great both these teams are. Neither feels the need to dig a hole under the other to raise up themselves with smack talk. 

4. Agreed. A sophomore placing 3rd at 195 is exceptional. 

#6amkneejerkreactions

Update:  https://fb.watch/iRRifzu8Ut/?mibextid=unz460

It actually is true. The reference is 4:37:50. The commentator sounded concerned and said, “Eh, he looked at Crown Point.”  The other played it down saying, “Just excited. Big win.” It happened so fast I didn’t notice it live before I heard the commentary. After watching it more carefully, it appears he hesitated (looked like he was going for a be silent 🤫 gesture but stopped) or was maybe was doubting whether doing that stomp flex would be a good idea. 3EB08150-BF96-43A7-8721-398F57C1ADD2.thumb.png.2b3c585b315ae3d2b2858bb773a326b9.pngAE22D8FB-F7AE-4B62-A5E7-9629452EE4FA.thumb.png.6e8b5012d2a6f13aad159acfff6c269f.png27253DDD-3D54-4588-BD7E-E42B630E55DD.thumb.png.acde862a26fa99b866f7e7deb675ec6f.png

Edited by tonyzirkle
Video evidence located.

3 hours ago, tonyzirkle said:

When I read the title of this thread, I was thinking, “Lighten up, Francis” and that joking was appropriate. My attempt at humor appears to have hit a sensitive nerve, and that was not the intention. Given the week later timing, a mini flex strikes me as a bit funny. Timing is everything with humor, and some of the classiest people use humor appropriately. Humor and class are not mutually exclusive. 

1.  I’ll look for the Carnahan Region Sports Nation video to see if I have confused the wrong person who did the flex. If I misspoke, I’ll issue an advance, contingent apology. 
2. No dispute. 

3. You seem to have misunderstood my post. The Ohio State coach comment about the truly great not needing smack talk was intended to point out how truly great both these teams are. Neither feels the need to dig a hole under the other to raise up themselves with smack talk. 

#6amkneejerkreactions

It actually is true. The reference is 4:37:50. The commentator sounded concerned and said, “Eh, he looked at Crown Point.”  The other played it down saying, “Just excited. Big win.” It happened so fast I didn’t notice it live before I heard the commentary. After watching it more carefully, it appears he hesitated (looked like he was going for a be silent 🤫 gesture but stopped) or was maybe was doubting whether doing that stomp flex would be a good idea. 3EB08150-BF96-43A7-8721-398F57C1ADD2.thumb.png.2b3c585b315ae3d2b2858bb773a326b9.pngAE22D8FB-F7AE-4B62-A5E7-9629452EE4FA.thumb.png.6e8b5012d2a6f13aad159acfff6c269f.png27253DDD-3D54-4588-BD7E-E42B630E55DD.thumb.png.acde862a26fa99b866f7e7deb675ec6f.png

Mr. Zirkle:  This is not a forum for litigation.  We don't need your evidence.  This is a forum to promote wrestling and to give props where they are due.  Your team won.  Let it go.  

4 hours ago, tonyzirkle said:

2. No dispute. 

#6amkneejerkreactions