Follow the Leader

Per usual, around this time of year the conversation starts about wrestlebacks during the state tournament series, and I was thinking that realistically, if the IHSAA were to ever implement wrestlebacks at Regionals and Semi-State, I could see them playing the “follow the leader” card. For those unfamiliar, basically, whoever the finalists beat get pulled back in to the tournament for a chance to place, and in some way, it makes sense.

Edited by blueandgold

42 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

Love the idea, international rules . Where would you place them . A Pig tail 3rd & 4th bracket to wrestle back ? 

I would think so. Semifinal losers fall to the pigtail to face the quarterfinal losers to both finalists and have to win to place. I could see this working as the IHSAA is winner-focused and particular about time, so it would make sense that consolation rounds would be awarded to wrestlers who lost to the winners. You’d likely have to place six though to determine an alternate.