Iran wrestling news

I really think it is a typo. But I would love to see Kamran vs Snyder. What better way to test yourself at 97kg in a pretty risk averse way and face the no1 in a Sadulaevless world. Then you really know whether to go up a weight.

He is undersized for sure. But I hope it's true. Doubt it tho

Apparently, Kamran will be wrestling at 86 Kg  جانشین حسن یزدانی در تیم ملی کشتی مشخص شد/ قاسم‌پور به وزن المپیکی رفت (khabarvarzeshi.com)

Is there any way to beg Mr. Taylor to reconsider, and wrestle at the world cup.  I will fly there to watch it if he does

2 minutes ago, Irani said:

Apparently, Kamran will be wrestling at 86 Kg  جانشین حسن یزدانی در تیم ملی کشتی مشخص شد/ قاسم‌پور به وزن المپیکی رفت (khabarvarzeshi.com)

Is there any way to beg Mr. Taylor to reconsider, and wrestle at the world cup.  I will fly there to watch it if he does

Makes a lot more sense than 97

2 hours ago, Irani said:

actually the article says he will wrestle at 97kg, nothing new they just wrote something based on the squad on UWW website

2 hours ago, wrestfan said:

actually the article says he will wrestle at 97kg, nothing new they just wrote something based on the squad on UWW website

This is what I read

کامران قاسم‌پور، قهرمان ۲ دوره پیاپی وزن ۹۲ کیلوگرم کشتی آزاد جهان به همراه علی‌رضا کریمی، کشتی‌گیر عنوان‌دار جهانی در وزن ۸۶ کیلوگرم نیز ملی‌پوشان باتجربه و پرچم‌داران تیم پژمان درستکار در جام جهانی آمریکا خواهند بود.

1 hour ago, Irani said:

This is what I read

کامران قاسم‌پور، قهرمان ۲ دوره پیاپی وزن ۹۲ کیلوگرم کشتی آزاد جهان به همراه علی‌رضا کریمی، کشتی‌گیر عنوان‌دار جهانی در وزن ۸۶ کیلوگرم نیز ملی‌پوشان باتجربه و پرچم‌داران تیم پژمان درستکار در جام جهانی آمریکا خواهند بود.

It's worded weirdly but I think that's just a background on Ghasempour and Karimi. It's saying Ghasempour, a two time world champion at 92kg, along with Karimi who's a world medalist at 86kg, are going to the world cup. At the end of the article there's a list of wrestlers that's the exact same as the one on the UWW website.

1 hour ago, Amir.Sol said:

It's worded weirdly but I think that's just a background on Ghasempour and Karimi. It's saying Ghasempour, a two time world champion at 92kg, along with Karimi who's a world medalist at 86kg, are going to the world cup. At the end of the article there's a list of wrestlers that's the exact same as the one on the UWW website.

I see that now.  both @Amir.Soland @wrestfanare correct.  I hope they 97 Kg report is correct.  The article also states that Kamran will wrestle in an olympic weight, so it is not 92, it's either 86 or 97

IAWF published the list which is slightly different than what UWW published earlier

Ebrahim Elahi (World U17 Champion) will wrestle at 61kg instead of Habibzadeh

and more importantly Kamran Ghasempour is listed at 92kg. I believe that's final decision. 97kg thing was most probably a typo

Any guesses as to why they are taking 2 wrestlers in 4 of the weight classes and not the other 6

رقابت های جام جهانی کشتی آزاد روزهای 19 و 20 آذر ماه در آیووا آمریکا برگزار می شود.

به گزارش روابط عمومی فدراسیون کشتی، ترکیب تیم ملی کشتی آزاد برای حضور در این مسابقات به شرح زیر است:

٥٧ کیلوگرم: رضا مومنی
۶۱ کیلوگرم: ابراهیم الهی
۶۵ کیلوگرم: رحمان عموزاد - محمدرضا باقری
۷۰ کیلوگرم: امیرمحمد یزدانی - علی اکبر فضلی
٧٤ کیلوگرم: محمدصادق فیروزپور
٧٩ کیلوگرم: محمد نخودی - علی سوادکوهی
٨٦ کیلوگرم: علیرضا کریمی
۹۲ کیلوگرم: کامران قاسم پور، امیرحسین فیروزپور
٩٧ کیلوگرم: امیرعلی آذرپیرا
۱۲۵ کیلوگرم: امیررضا معصومی

سرمربی: پژمان درستکار
مربیان: احسان امینی ، مصطفی آقاجانی ، اباذر اسلامی
سرپرست: محمد جواد یزدانی نیا
داور: محمد مصلایی پور

19 minutes ago, Irani said:

Any guesses as to why they are taking 2 wrestlers in 4 of the weight classes and not the other 6

You really don't need 2 wrestlers in each weight for such a small tournament. it's just 3 matches in 2 days. it's very costly to send a team to USA, it's better to reduce the numbers.

I assume they have specific reasons about those 4 weights to bring 2 wrestlers. I can guess they want to put Savadkouhi in front of Burroughs. no Idea why they need both Ghasempour and AH Firouzpour 92. any of them would be enough to win 3 matches.

I believe Voria Ghafouri, Ali Karimi and Ali Dai to name but a few soccer player are more representative of the Iranian people that the sycophants that were sent to Qatar. I suspect they will get a resounding hammering in the next match in the same responding way they lost to England. I believe the let England put 6 goals past them. A joyful moment.

2 hours ago, VoriaGhafouri said:

I believe Voria Ghafouri, Ali Karimi and Ali Dai to name but a few soccer player are more representative of the Iranian people that the sycophants that were sent to Qatar. I suspect they will get a resounding hammering in the next match in the same responding way they lost to England. I believe the let England put 6 goals past them. A joyful moment.

I certainly agree that Voria, Karimi , Daie and a Rasul Khadem are heroes.

I disagree with your assessment of the football players.  Most went out of their way to show solidarity with the people.  To me, they represent the people , not the government.

Since this is a wrestling forum, do you feel the same way about the wrestlers who be at the World Cup soon?

Edited by Irani

3 hours ago, Irani said:

Since this is a wrestling forum, do you feel the same way about the wrestlers who be at the World Cup soon?

I have for years been a fan of Iran wrestlers.they are mostly quiet about what people are going through at the moment although some in their instagram stories say things that are sympathetic ( the likes of Goleij and Akbarpour)-their silence is disappointing. I am telling myself to channel that disappointment to the governing regime in Iran as they are the root cause of all this and whatever they touch turns to garbage. They have done it with the soccer team. I am also taken a back by how relatively unpopular some of the highly popular wrestlers have become due to this. If you scan the comments on the last post of Hassan Yazdani on instagram ( it’s an old post but gets new comments) you see some people do feel very disappointed in him being quiet and toeing the regime line. It is unfair to him as he is a wrestler but in Iran wrestlers are expected to be more in terms of social behavior. As I said I think this is IRI tarnishing anything they touch but at the end of the day I no longer care if the key wrestlers such as Yazdani win or lose. They have indeed tarnished the image of the wrestlers for me and rather than being a fan of them I’m now just interested in wrestling as a sport in general.

The same people who say the Iranian Government should keep politics out of sports are always the first people to politicise all sports. Imagine wanting your own country to lose at the World Cup to the USA and England. Could not be me. Where is your gheyrat. 

Ali Karimi has been sharing some provocative photos that have been proven to be fake (some taken from Palestine) and that is unacceptably fanning the flames of riots and violence. But they are all patriots and have the right to protest and advocate for protests and social reforms and should not be punished for that (false claims that cause tension are a different question).

Anyway, street celebrations across all cities of Iran were huge. I am glad the players were unable to overcome the pressure and hate they are receiving and make Iranians happy. 

https://twitter.com/JawadAbubakar7/status/1596265488803307520

7 hours ago, VoriaGhafouri said:

I have for years been a fan of Iran wrestlers.they are mostly quiet about what people are going through at the moment although some in their instagram stories say things that are sympathetic ( the likes of Goleij and Akbarpour)-their silence is disappointing. I am telling myself to channel that disappointment to the governing regime in Iran as they are the root cause of all this and whatever they touch turns to garbage. They have done it with the soccer team. I am also taken a back by how relatively unpopular some of the highly popular wrestlers have become due to this. If you scan the comments on the last post of Hassan Yazdani on instagram ( it’s an old post but gets new comments) you see some people do feel very disappointed in him being quiet and toeing the regime line. It is unfair to him as he is a wrestler but in Iran wrestlers are expected to be more in terms of social behavior. As I said I think this is IRI tarnishing anything they touch but at the end of the day I no longer care if the key wrestlers such as Yazdani win or lose. They have indeed tarnished the image of the wrestlers for me and rather than being a fan of them I’m now just interested in wrestling as a sport in general.

I undersold you, but once again we disagree

the athletes are not the problem or the enemy

I, for one, got up at 2 am to watch Iran play Wales, and cheered my ass off when Iran won.

by the way, one piece of advice:  if you run across anyone on this forum that makes comments that you find offensive, false or just stupid, do not engage. Just use the ignore function.  I have used it against one guy and it works great!