Iran wrestling news

1 hour ago, danny rihani said:

Azerbaijan now has two gold medals and one silver , they're in the lead .

Iran got 1 gold , 1 silver , 1 bronze . 

Iran will catch up after today's weight classes. At 60kg Iran is in Bronze match, Azerbaijan is out. At 72kg both out. At 97kg Iran is in Bronze match, Azerbaijan is out. 

So then it comes down to 63kg (Mohammadi), 67kg (MR Geraei) and 87kg (Alizadeh). 

10 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Iran will catch up after today's weight classes. At 60kg Iran is in Bronze match, Azerbaijan is out. At 72kg both out. At 97kg Iran is in Bronze match, Azerbaijan is out. 

So then it comes down to 63kg (Mohammadi), 67kg (MR Geraei) and 87kg (Alizadeh). 

Yeah and azerbaijan has hasrat jafarov at 67 kg and islam abbasov at 87 kg , both are medal contenders, idk about their 63guy .  How good is iran 63 kg  Mohammadi ? Im not familiar with him

1 minute ago, danny rihani said:

Yeah and azerbaijan has hasrat jafarov at 67 kg and islam abbasov at 87 kg , both are medal contenders, idk about their 63guy .  How good is iran 63 kg  Mohammadi ? Im not familiar with him

At 63kg they have Taleh Mammadov, who is also a medal favourite. Iman Mohammadi is very good, another young star who is U20 Champ, U23 Champ and Asian Champ. They are set to meet in the SF, which could have big team title implications.

At 67kg Jafaraov is not on Geraei's level.

I don't think Abbasov is much better than Alizadeh

1 minute ago, The Genius said:

At 63kg they have Taleh Mammadov, who is also a medal favourite. Iman Mohammadi is very good, another young star who is U20 Champ, U23 Champ and Asian Champ. They are set to meet in the SF, which could have big team title implications.

Azerbaijan sent Murad Mammadov not Taleh. I always thought Murad was worse but I’m not entirely sure how the team selection works in Azerbaijan

6 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Good luck to your guys tomorrow , and maybe saravi can do better at the olympics , from his first match with sargsian the cuban scared me plus hes huge for 97 !

7 minutes ago, kkiane said:

Azerbaijan sent Murad Mammadov not Taleh. I always thought Murad was worse but I’m not entirely sure how the team selection works in Azerbaijan

I see, thanks. They are both good but Murad is a bit smaller since he usually wrestles at 60kg. 

63kg is very weak this year (Olympic year) so I think Mohammadi really should medal and has a good shot at making the final.  

17 minutes ago, danny rihani said:

Good luck to your guys tomorrow , and maybe saravi can do better at the olympics , from his first match with sargsian the cuban scared me plus hes huge for 97 !

I wonder what happened to Evloev. Imagine Evloev, Aleksanyan, Rosillo and Saravi in the Olympics. I hope they are split equally on the brackets so they can all medal. Excited to see what Rosillo can do against Aleksanyan tomorrow

1 minute ago, The Genius said:

I wonder what happened to Evloev. Imagine Evloev, Aleksanyan, Rosillo and Saravi in the Olympics. I hope they are split equally on the brackets so they can all medal. Excited to see what Rosillo can do against Aleksanyan tomorrow

he can get put down in the first and then gutted out of the arena like everyone else does...

7 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Im rooting for him.now and wouldn't be shocked if he beats aleksanian.

speaking of aleksanyan...

was chatting with a buddy during the semis and we were talking about his gut... 

he must be gorilla strong because there is absolutely nothing special about his technique...

he doesn't drive his feet...

doesn't pop his hips...

if he did not turn literally everyone i would say it was horrible technique...

it baffles me...

asked the boy child when he got back from practice what he thought of his gut...

"it must be the tightest gut in the world..."

10 minutes ago, LJB said:

it would almost be as shocking as Kayaalp...

Because aleksanian is a huge favorite for gold i know but Rosillo been impressive this tournament and he seem to be very strong himself. 

Im not saying he'd win but im 100% certain aleksanian won't tech him and it will be a close battle.

6 hours ago, danny rihani said:

Is this official ?

Kamran is undersized at 97 kg im not sure this is a good decision. We've seen him against snyder and he couldn't get any offence going.

Thing is, who else are we gonna send? Goleij is absolutely done and needs a rest, Azarpira destroyed his body getting down to 92 so he’ll need a little time off too. 

I agree Ghasempour is small for 97 but I wouldn’t read to much into the Snyder match. He literally wrestled 92 the match before then it was decided there and then to go up to face Snyder. 

This is the wrestling teams according to the official website of the Asian Games. I'm not sure how true it is because I've heard about both Goleij and Ghasempour for 97 but rest of it including greco team looks accurate to me.

https://info.hangzhou2022.cn/en/results/all-sports/athletes.htm

FS:

57: Ebrahim Khari

65: Rahman Amouzad

74: Younes Emami 

86: Hassan Yazdani

97: Amirali Azarpira

125: Amirhossein Zare

GR:

60: Meysam Dalkhani

67: MR Geraei

77: Amin Kaviyani

87: Naser Alizadeh

97: Hadi Saravi

130: Amin Mirzazadeh

Edited by Amir.Sol

31 minutes ago, Amir.Sol said:

This is the wrestling teams according to the official website of the Asian Games. I'm not sure how true it is because I've heard about both Goleij and Ghasempour for 97 but rest of it including greco team looks accurate to me.

https://info.hangzhou2022.cn/en/results/all-sports/athletes.htm

FS:

57: Ebrahim Khari

65: Rahman Amouzad

74: Younes Emami 

86: Hassan Yazdani

97: Amirali Azarpira

125: Amirhossein Zare

GR:

60: Meysam Dalkhani

67: MR Geraei

77: Amin Kaviyani

87: Naser Alizadeh

97: Hadi Saravi

130: Amin Mirzazadeh

Kind of just assumed we’d send Yousefi tbh. 

@Uwwdoc the guy to ask of course but wonder if Goleij could even go injury wise, he was limping pretty bad after Sad flattened him.