Iran wrestling news

17 minutes ago, LJB said:

Micic and Serbia steal a gold medal…

on top of not weighing in, a blatant fleeing the mat gets overturned that would have won the match for higuchi…

This as bad as anything I have personally witnessed in wrestling…

These types of shenanigans is what got wrestling almost removed from the Olympics…

I am physically angry…

How do you know he didn't weigh in? I still don't understand?? Help us get the picture with facts instead of eyeball conjecture? How can this possibly happen that one person is exempt from the process but only you are hearing about it??

I'm not a blind fanboy like some people might tend to be. I'm open to facts if there are witnesses confirming he wasn't at weigh-ins or that Serbians weighed in separately. This is an Indiana message board and Micic was an Indiana kid. We'd love to know the real circumstances if there's something there?

Edited by maligned

12 minutes ago, maligned said:

How do you know he didn't weigh in? I still don't understand?? Help us get the picture with facts instead of eyeball conjecture? How can this possibly happen that one person is exempt from the process but only you are hearing about it??

it was publicly complained about last year at worlds, but, i was a bit skeptical even though all of the serbian greco guys looked much bigger second day...

then seeing Micic show up yesterday confirmed it for me...

having seen Micic literally for years... watching in HS... knowing how hard 57kg was for him to make in the olympics and seeing him look like a ghost in tokyo... seeing him look like a starving dog making 33 for a college season... and then seeing him on full feed in his first match, my son called it immediately and i 100% agree with him...

once you see it it is painfully obvious...

you don't have to believe it...

totally your prerogative to keep your head in the sand...

About Micic’s weight, you can see a lot of people commenting about it online, and I don’t want to throw out accusations with zero evidence, but anyone who’s wrestled a day in their life can see this guy is making miracles to look that full at the weight with that kind of stamina.

Just look at him and Higuchi in the final, Higuchi’s got a smaller frame but he looks drawn out as hell, and this is a guy who lives full keto, but the bigger guy Micic looks soft after a 2nd day weigh in.

Again like I say there is no evidence but the eye test alone is what’s raising a lot of eyebrows.

57 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Otoguro has forfeited his repechage match due to a foot injury.

So Amouzad vs Mamedov for Bronze. 

Shame, to me only positive about Rahman losing was chance we could see him against Otoguro. Guess it means we’ll see Otoguro at next Asians.

Mamedov will be very tough.

44 minutes ago, kmrabr said:

Shame, to me only positive about Rahman losing was chance we could see him against Otoguro. Guess it means we’ll see Otoguro at next Asians.

Mamedov will be very tough.

Mamedov will be a great test and indicator of Rahman's level, I am looking forward to it

13 minutes ago, kkiane said:

Anything fishy about Serbia and making weights?

I have not been involved in weigh ins this year at all.

But I will say this;

The weigh in process is that the athlete has to make weight in front of 3 randomly selected UWW referees and there are about 9 other referees in that area too every morning from different nationalities and get signed off. I don't understand with the way the process works how anyone could really cheat the system.

26 minutes ago, Uwwdoc said:

I have a bit of time.

I can answer anything that I am able to :)

What is the chaos you were talking about?

Why did Azarpira gas so hard? What was Yazdani's plan? He hasn't been able to score a TD or push out against DT for two matches now. 

36 minutes ago, The Genius said:

What is the chaos you were talking about?

Why did Azarpira gas so hard? What was Yazdani's plan? He hasn't been able to score a TD or push out against DT for two matches now. 

The whole place is crazy.

Never seen so many entries in weight classes.

You seen all the upsets. 74kg crazy. Musakaev beating the top 3. Iran losing in final seconds against Sad and Musakaev. Armenia and Aliyev having an mma fight. Georgia bronze medalist requiring emergency surgery. Car crashes. The challenge between Yaz and Taylor.

Yeah it's been nuts....

I don't know the answer to your last two questions. I presume weight cutting issues for Azarpira. He is a big boy for 92. I thought he would have won gold.

Regarding Yazdani/Taylor. With recent results Taylor I would probably say is p4p no1. All I know is that at the moment there is only 1 person in the world who can beat Taylor and that is Hassan. Is Hassan a big underdog? Sure. But he has the ability to beat him. I think the biggest thing here is the difference in psychology.

I also wish that the Iranian team would hire some proper security and close protection for Hassan. The guy's popularity is out of this world in wrestling terms and Iranians keep harassing him prior and during his comps and in hotels etc. Just let the guy focus....

Edited by Uwwdoc

29 minutes ago, Uwwdoc said:

Regarding Yazdani/Taylor. With recent results Taylor I would probably say is p4p no1. All I know is that at the moment there is only 1 person in the world who can beat Taylor and that is Hassan. Is Hassan a big underdog? Sure. But he has the ability to beat him. I think the biggest thing here is the difference in psychology.

Not scoring any takedowns or push out points in the last two matches suggests it's more than just psychology. He just can't score on DT anymore. 

We thought Yaz had closed the gap with Tokyo and Oslo but since then DT has just pulled away again and Yaz has no answers. DT is likely to retire after Paris so that series will likely end 1-6 for DT, which is horrible for Yaz's legacy. I wonder if Yaz will also retire. Would be good to see Ghasempour get his chance, he's still young. 

39 minutes ago, Uwwdoc said:

Actually I also maintain that stylistically Kamran at 86 beats Taylor. Problem is Kamran never beats Hassan at 86. I don't think we will ever see it.

Americans have been really good.

You really think so? I love Kamran’s style and 100% think he’ll score on Taylor’s legs no problem, but that pace Taylor sets is brutal. We’ve seen Hassan gas Ghasempour before I don’t know if can handle Taylor’s pressure… Would def love to see it though.

2 hours ago, The Genius said:

Snyder beat Ibragimov 10-6 in the repechage and Sadulaev has officially withdrawn with injury, so Snyder has won Bronze

Was looking very shaky for Snyder for a sec there. Would really have liked to have seen how Goleij would have done against him this year.

57 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Not scoring any takedowns or push out points in the last two matches suggests it's more than just psychology. He just can't score on DT anymore. 

We thought Yaz had closed the gap with Tokyo and Oslo but since then DT has just pulled away again and Yaz has no answers. DT is likely to retire after Paris so that series will likely end 1-6 for DT, which is horrible for Yaz's legacy. I wonder if Yaz will also retire. Would be good to see Ghasempour get his chance, he's still young. 

I think it's 90% psychological.