Iran wrestling news

6 minutes ago, maligned said:

You have to make drastic changes to training, but it's always possible to greatly improve aerobic capacity if that's your weakness. 

Getting a two minute rest during the challenge review also helped

The 65kg and 97kg draws were extremely lopsided this year.

65kg top half: Amouzad, Otoguro, Mamedov, Musukaev and USA 

97kg top half: Sadulaev, Snyder, Goleij, Baitsaev and Tazhudinov

Nokhodi was also unfortunate with the random draw of Usmanov (the only guy better than him) in his half of the bracket. Emami also unlucky and likely would have won Bronze on the other half of the bracket.

4 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Nokhodi was also unfortunate with the random draw of Usmanov (the only guy better than him) in his half of the bracket. Emami also unlucky and likely would have won Bronze on the other half of the bracket.

Agreed. On the bottom half of 65, it was, in my opinion, #5 Aliev over #6 Ochir, then #8 Tevanyan upset Aliev and #12 Rivera floated in from a very weak quarter to upset Tevanyan and land in the final.

8 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Very valid point

18 minutes ago, maligned said:

Agreed. On the bottom half of 65, it was, in my opinion, #5 Aliev over #6 Ochir, then #8 Tevanyan upset Aliev and #12 Rivera floated in from a very weak quarter to upset Tevanyan and land in the final.

Don’t get me wrong I much prefer the seeding and ranking event system we have now, but one of the things I’ve really enjoyed about this years worlds is the crazy brackets with unseeded guys all over the place. Just for once was good to be reminded of the old days.

1 minute ago, The Genius said:

What does that mean? 

Why did Azarpira gas so hard? What was Yazdani's plan? He hasn't been able to score a TD or push out against DT for two matches now. 

Appreciate your insights

Sorry I can't post much right now guys due to business but I will answer as much as I "can" when I get a bit if down time whenever that may be...!

2 minutes ago, Uwwdoc said:

Sorry I can't post much right now guys due to business but I will answer as much as I "can" when I get a bit if down time whenever that may be...!

Can't even spell busyness

Edited by Uwwdoc

29 minutes ago, kmrabr said:

Don’t get me wrong I much prefer the seeding and ranking event system we have now, but one of the things I’ve really enjoyed about this years worlds is the crazy brackets with unseeded guys all over the place. Just for once was good to be reminded of the old days.

Yes, for sure!! Let's go back to 16 guys on one half and 8 on the other. Throw the names in a hat and pull them out. Add in the best-of-3 ball grab system for extra surprises and start handing out some chance Olympic berths to Singapore and Kenya. AHHHH..the good old days! 

In all seriousness, I do remember with some fondness how exciting it made the draw reveals. Crazy times...it's hard to believe we had all those factors before.

Edited by maligned

57 played out a lot like 97: 
Olympic champ vs. World champ wrestling for Bronze.

Honestly, I wonder how much Uguev or Abakarov will invest in their match. Both have bigger fish to fry and they know they can win that True 5th match much more easily. They may just tussle the first period and loggy-gag through the rest to be sure there's energy left for that extra match.

Micic and Serbia steal a gold medal…

on top of not weighing in, a blatant fleeing the mat gets overturned that would have won the match for higuchi…

This as bad as anything I have personally witnessed in wrestling…

These types of shenanigans is what got wrestling almost removed from the Olympics…

I am physically angry…