Iran wrestling news

There are rumors (probably not true) that Arsalan may come back to wrestle for Iran, now that Bana is gone.

Even if he does, by rule, he needs two years before he can wrestle for Iran, so the Olympics are out

واکنش حسن رنگرز به ماجرای بازگشت علی ارسلان/ یاغی کشتی فرنگی به ایران بازمی‌گردد؟ (khabarvarzeshi.com)

I thought that once you transfer your nationality once you can't change it again but I'm not sure. I'd love for him to come back, we've gotten pretty weak at 72. Not sure why he'd want to come back though, he's guaranteed a spot in Serbia who have proven to be formidable in the world scene. Does he really need better training partners in this stage of his career?

14 minutes ago, Amir.Sol said:

I thought that once you transfer your nationality once you can't change it again but I'm not sure. I'd love for him to come back, we've gotten pretty weak at 72. Not sure why he'd want to come back though, he's guaranteed a spot in Serbia who have proven to be formidable in the world scene. Does he really need better training partners in this stage of his career?

I have no knowledge of the rules, and going by what the article states.

I personally do not think he is coming back; I think the article is pure speculation that because Bana is gone, Arsalan may decide that he will now be given a fair shot, and therefore try to wrestle for his home country

You only can switch just once in your career. it's impossible to swatch back to Iran

and Arsalan had his "fair chance" in 2021 where he lost 8-0 to Mokhtari in Takhti Cup. pity Mokhtari didn't improve (and actually got much worse) after that. but that's another story.

44 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

You only can switch just once in your career. it's impossible to swatch back to Iran

and Arsalan had his "fair chance" in 2021 where he lost 8-0 to Mokhtari in Takhti Cup. pity Mokhtari didn't improve (and actually got much worse) after that. but that's another story.

Your statement completely contradicts what the article claims Rangraz said about the rules.  Based on what I know about you, and the online magazine, I am 100% sure you are right.

We do disagree about the "fair chance" subject.  A wrestler should not be given a fair chance just once.  People change, people improve.  Yes, he got destroyed by Mokhtari, but that does not mean he should never be given another chance to qualify.  I don't know if that was the case or not, but Ansari implied that Bana would never let me wrestle for the national team ever again, If true, I disagree with Bana

4 minutes ago, Irani said:

Your statement completely contradicts what the article claims Rangraz said about the rules.  Based on what I know about you, and the online magazine, I am 100% sure you are right.

We do disagree about the "fair chance" subject.  A wrestler should not be given a fair chance just once.  People change, people improve.  Yes, he got destroyed by Mokhtari, but that does not mean he should never be given another chance to qualify.  I don't know if that was the case or not, but Ansari implied that Bana would never let me wrestle for the national team ever again, If true, I disagree with Bana

unfortunately most of Iranian officials/coaches/athletes don't know the rules as much as I do.

check page 2
https://cdn.uww.org/s3fs-public/2022-07/change_nationality_june_2022_final_eng.pdf

A wrestler has the possibility to change his/her sports nationality once during his/her career whateverthe age and the wrestling style. In such case, the new sports nationality is granted definitively and the wrestler who has changed his/her sports nationality may not return to his/her previous sports nationality.

and about the trials. we can blame the system but that was the rule last year of 2021. Takhti Cup was the trial competition for non-Olympic weights, Mokhtari won the tournament and got the spot.

again we had another trial system for 2022, yes that's true in some weights like of Saravi and Geraei got the spot without a trial. but that wasn't the case for 72kg. once again Takhti Cup was acting as the trial competition. Arsalan moved to Serbia before that. he just didn't try his chance in Iran in 2022.

3 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

again we had another trial system for 2022, yes that's true in some weights like of Saravi and Geraei got the spot without a trial. but that wasn't the case for 72kg. once again Takhti Cup was acting as the trial competition. Arsalan moved to Serbia before that. he just didn't try his chance in Iran in 2022.

This is 100% it. He could've honestly been our rep this year if he stayed. Even before worlds this year people knew that he was a decent wrestler. He'd previously won against Mokhtari and even teched Reza Geraei. I think his decision was less he thought he was treated unfairly and more Serbia was giving him good money to transfer.

4 hours ago, Irani said:

There are rumors (probably not true) that Arsalan may come back to wrestle for Iran, now that Bana is gone.

Even if he does, by rule, he needs two years before he can wrestle for Iran, so the Olympics are out

واکنش حسن رنگرز به ماجرای بازگشت علی ارسلان/ یاغی کشتی فرنگی به ایران بازمی‌گردد؟ (khabarvarzeshi.com)

He ain't coming back. Doesn't matter if the rules allowed him to change nationality 100 times. Not happening.

13 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

My all time favorite GR poster.

I somehow missed whatever happened at themat. I always thought LJB split cause he'd had enough of the dummies? 

I thought this as well.

That said, it is not going to be as restrictive as the old site.  Guarantee it, @Irani

I 100% got banned from themat, but, it was a conscious choice to do so during one day of what I saw as ridiculous moderation…

it had nothing to do with the BS that has been discussed over there… which I know is BS because it did not happen…

whatever…

I don’t think I will subject myself to any place that willie is running… I wouldn’t last long there in any event, so, any attempt would be a waste…

11 hours ago, LJB said:

I don’t think I will subject myself to any place that willie is running… I wouldn’t last long there in any event, so, any attempt would be a waste…

3 hours ago, Uwwdoc said:

I'll probably just stay here too.

Then I am staying here too

yeah...

i am not super interested in the shenanigans that will go on over there with the same cast... 

which, let us be clear... i am not an innocent, but, misrepresentation has been and still is a common theme over there...

On 10/22/2022 at 1:00 AM, Uwwdoc said:

From what I hear it will be 2 at each weight which is standard for world cups. I will say what I know

55 -Dad Marz. Unsure of 2nd

60-Mohsennejad. Pouya Naserpour

63. Saied esmaeli. Iman mohammadi

67 sohrabi. Hojat rezaei

72 Amir abdi. Rostami.

77 habibolahi. Mokhtari

82 mahmudi. Mohamadpiani

87 chobani. Badkan

97 abeididarzi. Mehdi bali.

130 hedayati and yousefi.

It's pretty much the B team.

We may see riza vs yousefi.

The team for the World Cup is correct as said above. The 2nd 55kg guy I was unsure of is mohammad javaheri

28 minutes ago, LJB said:

the world cup kinda snuck up on me... shockingly it does not get much play here...

It'll be a nice respite from college wrestling in December.

Went to many of those Toledo WC's in early 80's. 💪

19 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

It'll be a nice respite from college wrestling in December.

Went to many of those Toledo WC's in early 80's. 💪

well...

i am specifically referring to the greco world cup that is happening this weekend...

but all that applies as well...

i will be subjected to stall fest wrestling all friday night while waiting for an exhibition last match of the night... coming home late and cleansing the palette with real wrestling will be a welcome respite from backing up and running to the edge...