Do Colleges Have Freestyle & Greco Roman Teams?

I have not saw any and wonder why they don't. Is it lack of interest in athletes (same as high school)? Is it lack of coaching? How would earning a scholarship for these styles change the perceptions? Could this improve our Olympic teams? Does Title 9 throw a monkey wrench in the equation?

Basically all the women’s programs are freestyle programs.  I think that’s a throw back to when many of the early schools had to find matches against Canadian schools in order to get enough competition.  Likely why most other s hoops don’t have male programs, lack of current competitions since most school have freestyle programs.   Those programs are not money makers so it’s could be a bigger money pit to try to go out on the freestyle/Greco limb without at least some USAWrestling support.

Northern Michigan has a Greco team but that’s due to it being a long term training location for the US Greco team.  I’m guessing any scholarships there are connected with USA Wrestling recommendations.   I’m not sure if any others exist currently.   The OTC may have some type of deal with schools around their facility for athletes to attend school at a decent rate, but that’s just for class not for a school sponsored program.

I’ve wondered if Canada may have some freestyle/Greco men’s college programs that someone could get a scholarship for but haven’t looked much into it.