S.A.C. Talk

Major Ursula

Woenker wrestles in my club in the offseason so no one wants him to win as much as I. His dad and have known each other for years and he is my Co-Coach. However I will tell you Ochoa was in my club as well so I have privy to their head to head matches in the room and during the season and I'll give you some info. Woenker is the more seasoned wrestler. Ochoa is less seasoned but he is dangerousis turning the corner and has defeated Woenker and higher seeded wrestlers with better records.

Thanks for the good words on Chandler Major he is a great kid and a hard worker as we both know. But in saying that there are lots of hard workers in wrestling and you must wrestle each match like a title match.He has not perfected that yet, right now he is working hard to be able to say that he is 100% consistent every match. Ochoa as others you have worked with have shown big improvements from your tutoring  (chandler included as he is one of your longer running pupils). I am excited to see if he and others you and/or I helped can put together a consistent strong run here when it counts.....................................

. I do not. Ochoa dominated Murfield. Woenker is 2-1 against Ochoa with Ochoa winning their last meeting. There aren't flukes in wrestling.

I wouldn't call a 12-6 match a domination, I mean it's not even a major decision, and with Northrup facing Concordia tonight maybe there will be a rematch. I disagree with the fact that there are no flukes, sometimes a good wrestler gets out of position and gets caught, case in point, Woenker was up big time on Ochoa at Whitko, he made a mistake and paid for it, he's clearly the better wrestler but got out of position, I call that a fluke, you call it what you want.

I wouldn't call a 12-6 match a domination, I mean it's not even a major decision, and with Northrup facing Concordia tonight maybe there will be a rematch. I disagree with the fact that there are no flukes, sometimes a good wrestler gets out of position and gets caught, case in point, Woenker was up big time on Ochoa at Whitko, he made a mistake and paid for it, he's clearly the better wrestler but got out of position, I call that a fluke, you call it what you want.

You don't look at a score and determine if it's domination; you look at the match. I saw the match Ochoa controlled that match from start to finish with Murfield. I have dominated an opponent 1-0. I've been dominated 2-1. 12-6 is close to a major. If up big time is 7-2 then you are correct I was there as well. And by fluke I was referring to Fisher vs CL. If Ochoa and Woenker are wrestling partners in the offseason there is familiarity. You could be way more experienced than I but if I know your tendencies I may capitalize when you place yourself in bad position. So you may call it what you will. I just go by results, insight, and intuition. Edited by Major Ursula

I agree with  the second statement somewhat as you said he made a " mistake" which is what he did while he was in total control of the match(as he was in the 2 big wins previously against him) 100% true...... but have to agree with Major that it was not a fluke as that sounds as if he slipped on a banana peel and got pinned . As for the first statement  I look forward to it happening tonight .....

Indeed my friend... Indeed

Is this the same Ochoa kid that got DQ'd for locking hands in the first round of sectional last year?

Here are 9 of Ochoas 12 losses

2x  to Nate Housholder, East Noble 20-6 ss ranked by fall

Ben Macias, FW South10-2 by TECH,(His only losses are to Ochoa by fall),

Gage Bustos HN 13-1 by fall

Tristan Ponsler Wawasee,ssq, by fall

2x  to Chandler Woenker BL 20-4 By major and a fall, (Ochoa has a victory against Woenker by fall)

Elias Gonzalez Mish Mar, 15-6, 12, 16-12?

Skylar Hall Wabash  SS ranked  23-1 (score was 15-7)

Edited by Major Ursula

Ochoa pins Murfield at the end of the second. Is that dominant enough?

I'll give credit where credit is due, Ochoa took care of his business. That's about the only bright spot for Northrup though, they got throttled 62-13 by CL tonight, for a 6A school they need some work.

I graduated from Snider. We won conference. I won conference. We won sectional I won sectional. The guy I defeated for conference was from Northrop. He inturn defeated me at semi state. Back then Snider and Northrop were the teams to beat in the area. It can be that way again. I'm not the coach at Northrop. My sons attended there and Austin Ochoa, Joseph Gonzalez go there as well as Aiden Dohm goes there. These kids I root for. So Northrop is not the best now. I guarantee they will improve.

I graduated from Snider. We won conference. I won conference. We won sectional I won sectional. The guy I defeated for conference was from Northrop. He inturn defeated me at semi state. Back then Snider and Northrop were the teams to beat in the area. It can be that way again. I'm not the coach at Northrop. My sons attended there and Austin Ochoa, Joseph Gonzalez go there as well as Aiden Dohm goes there. These kids I root for. So Northrop is not the best now. I guarantee they will improve.

Don't take me the wrong way, I wouldn't knock anyone for rooting on they're kids, or kids they know, or their team for that matter. That's what we all do, wrestling is the toughest sport out there, it takes a lot of courage to go out there win or lose. I agree that any individual or program can improve, I use Concordia as an example, 5-6 years ago their program was down, but with some good leadership it's improved. I'm not a coach either, I have a son on the team, and I'm impressed at what they've done as a team this year, especially since we only roster a total of 17 kids, individually they may not always win but as a team they pull together and make wins happen. But I appreciate you're input and I appreciate conversations about the SAC because as a conference they have been overlooked in wrestling for a while now.

I'll give credit where credit is due, Ochoa took care of his business. That's about the only bright spot for Northrup though, they got throttled 62-13 by CL tonight, for a 6A school they need some work.

Heath Ault 182!? The junior has done his rounds and is what now 20-2? with some big local wins. Northrop needs LOTS of work but there are some competitive guys out there.

Don't take me the wrong way, I wouldn't knock anyone for rooting on they're kids, or kids they know, or their team for that matter. That's what we all do, wrestling is the toughest sport out there, it takes a lot of courage to go out there win or lose. I agree that any individual or program can improve, I use Concordia as an example, 5-6 years ago their program was down, but with some good leadership it's improved. I'm not a coach either, I have a son on the team, and I'm impressed at what they've done as a team this year, especially since we only roster a total of 17 kids, individually they may not always win but as a team they pull together and make wins happen. But I appreciate you're input and I appreciate conversations about the SAC because as a conference they have been overlooked in wrestling for a while now.

I tip my hat to Concordia. They wrestle hard and have come a long way. Wrestlers like Harris, Davis, King, Adair seem like they've been around forever. They took thier lumps and now they're giving them. And if you ever hear me yelling don't take it personal. I love the sport and I'm trying to help raise the level of the conference.

The improvement from Ochoa is nice. But Woenker will control 138

Some experienced competition at 152 Johnson Wa, Adair Cl, Miller Sni. Up for grabs!

This weight is not "up for grabs". It's either Johnson or Miller. My pupil or my alma mater I'll be happy either way. Adair is not on thier level sorry and that's final and definitive. That's it that's all.

This weight is not "up for grabs". It's either Johnson or Miller. My pupil or my alma mater I'll be happy either way. Adair is not on thier level sorry and that's final and definitive. That's it that's all.

We will see. Adair is an experienced senior with a solid record, it is silly for you to say that it is final and definitive because Johnson and Miller have not been assertive or dominant at all in there career.  

We will see. Adair is an experienced senior with a solid record, it is silly for you to say that it is final and definitive because Johnson and Miller have not been assertive or dominant at all in there career.

If you keep doubting you will just have egg on your face. Johnson and Miller did the rounds. Johnson had a solid offseason. Whenever I looked up I saw Miller. I did not see Adair. Johnson has the Pedigree. Oldest brother: Anthony Linnear 2x third in the state. It only took A 2x National Champ and one of the most highly recruited big men in the nation to keep him off the top. Second in line brother Shaun Johnson 2x SS qualifier 1x state qualifier who lost to the eventual state champ by a point in the semi state semi finals. Trust me I know the inside stuff. We shall see indeed.

If you keep doubting you will just have egg on your face. Johnson and Miller did the rounds. Johnson had a solid offseason. Whenever I looked up I saw Miller. I did not see Adair. Johnson has the Pedigree. Oldest brother: Anthony Linnear 2x third in the state. It only took A 2x National Champ and one of the most highly recruited big men in the nation to keep him off the top. Second in line brother Shaun Johnson 2x SS qualifier 1x state qualifier who lost to the eventual state champ by a point in the semi state semi finals. Trust me I know the inside stuff. We shall see indeed.

I am aware of his brothers and there tough competition(Lefever, Steveson, Hiestead). I know that Johnson and Miller are good. I agree with some of what you are saying I just find it kind of erratic to say anything is final or definitive at 152 in the SAC... I am not doubting any of these wrestlers, I want Miller and Johnson to succeed! I just think that Adair is in the mix because there are no proven dominant wrestlers at that weight in the SAC.

I am aware of his brothers and there tough competition(Lefever, Steveson, Hiestead). I know that Johnson and Miller are good. I agree with some of what you are saying I just find it kind of erratic to say anything is final or definitive at 152 in the SAC... I am not doubting any of these wrestlers, I want Miller and Johnson to succeed! I just think that Adair is in the mix because there are no proven dominant wrestlers at that weight in the SAC.

Go read some of my past posts. Trust me my level of discernment is high. I am not delusional. If anyone defeats Javier Johnson in our Conference it will be Miller and vice versa and I won't entertain another result. That's in stone. I've already prepared my congratulation speech for the victor. Edited by Major Ursula

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.