Delta Sectionals, Who's moving on?

Smalls

Clark CAUGHT Phillips at the conference. He was up with a 7-3 lead and literally fell on top of him as Phillips was working for a well over due stalling call. Given the fact that he is giving up 40 pounds to wrestle HWT, thats tough weight to get off of you. If Clark makes it past George to get to the semis, the true result will be revealed.

Phillips got the #1 seed, so I wouldn't complain too much... Getting "caught" or not... You might want to word what you are saying a little differently... Saying that Phillips was "working for a stalling call" doesn't look really good on either wrestler

Phillips got the #1 seed, so I wouldn't complain too much... Getting "caught" or not... You might want to word what you are saying a little differently... Saying that Phillips was "working for a stalling call" doesn' look really good on either wrestler

Phillips getting the 1 seed, and not having the better road to the finals is exactly what Sportsgal and Fanman are talking about. How about having the number 2 seed and a forfeit to go to Regionals, while the #1 has to wrestle?  And when Phillips working and staying offensive to get the ref to call stalling on the other wrestler, for not making an offensive move the whole match looks bad how? 

Phillips getting the 1 seed, and not having the better road to the finals is exactly what Sportsgal and Fanman are talking about. How about having the number 2 seed and a forfeit to go to Regionals, while the #1 has to wrestle?  And when Phillips working and staying offensive to get the ref to call stalling on the other wrestler, for not making an offensive move the whole match looks bad how? 

#2 would still have to win a wrestlebacks match if he loses in the semi's.... So it's not necessarily a "forfeit" to the regionals... All wrestlers get the seeding they earn from head-to-head and common opponent matches... Sometimes it works in your favor and sometimes it doesn't... I am going to take a wild guess and say that the best wrestler is going to finish in 1st place, regardless of a seeding or draw

Clark CAUGHT Phillips at the conference. He was up with a 7-3 lead and literally fell on top of him as Phillips was working for a well over due stalling call. Given the fact that he is giving up 40 pounds to wrestle HWT, thats tough weight to get off of you. If Clark makes it past George to get to the semis, the true result will be revealed.

2 of Phillips 3 losses are from Clark

2 of Phillips 3 losses are from Clark

And he hasnt had an offensive take down yet. Until he actually wrestles Kaiser and beats him then those losses are irrelevant.  Just more motivation to win the whole thing. Phillips works an entire match offensively while Clark does nothing.  The best WRESTLER will win Saturday...

Don't get sucked into this school vs school arguements... They might not even wrestle each other on Saturday since Clark has to get past George before this can even happen... I honestly believe that any of the top 5 seeds could win this weight class on any given day... I still favor Phillips to win

And for the record... I don't consider any loss irrelevant, especially if you have 2 to the same guy

Just bring it to the sectional Gonzo. Clark doesn't beat George and if that upset happens he doesn't beat Phillips. Saying that anyone in the top 5 can win on any given day is just a sign of ignorance towards the HWT class. The final should be Phillips and Hiestand and the outcome will be determined Saturday and thats where we will leave it. All for the record of course...

Ignorance... Did I miss something?

#5 has 2 wins over #1

#4 has a win over #5

#2 and #3 have wins over #4

#1 has a common opponent win over #3

Unless this analysis is wrong... I am going to assume this is going to be a fairly competative weight class... If you consider Phillips such a stone-cold lock, why were getting so angry over his draw?

Ignorance... Did I miss something?

#5 has 2 wins and a loss... over #1

#4 has a win over #5

#2 and #3 have wins over #4

#1 has a common opponent win over #3

Unless this analysis is wrong... I am going to assume this is going to be a fairly competative weight class... If you consider Phillips such a stone-cold lock, why were getting so angry over his draw?

#1 is a semi-state quarterfinalist. Hasn't gotten out wrestled yet.  For people to bring up randomly that Clark has beaten him, they are obviously stuck on the glory of two "wins" to be realistic. As for being mad im not upset at all, just being confident and supportive of my wrestlers. 

#1 is a semi-state quarterfinalist. Hasn't gotten out wrestled yet. For people to bring up randomly that Clark has beaten him, they are obviously stuck on the glory of two "wins" to be realistic. As for being mad im not upset at all, just being confident and supportive of my wrestlers.

I'm basing it upon the argument you used against Hangen.

Yorktown wrestles a tougher schedule therefor Heistand will win. 

Very true... Yorktown has a BEAST of a schedule...

In most situations I would take an 8-loss Yorktown wrestler over a 3-loss Monroe Central wrestler any day... But I am going to stick with my original pick and go with Phillips... Just because I know the kid, nothing personal against Heistand

Good call their too. Not downing Kaiser at all. I'v seen him wrestle since he was about 10 and he's obviously won many matches.

Best of luck to everyone. Including the guys who are not "my guys" 

#1 is a semi-state quarterfinalist. Hasn't gotten out wrestled yet.  For people to bring up randomly that Clark has beaten him, they are obviously stuck on the glory of two "wins" to be realistic. As for being mad im not upset at all, just being confident and supportive of my wrestlers. 

"Wins" LOL I'm pretty sure that if you've been beaten by someone twice, you've probably been out wrestled at least once.

No matter how ugly it is... If you lose to someone twice, it is kind of hard to argue that both times were complete flukes... Have you ever heard the phrase "Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice, shame on me..."

For example:

About 12 years ago we had a guy who was barely over .500, I think he finshed the year like 19-16 or something close... He pinned a wreslter who was easily the "better" wrestler twice... Once in a dual, and once in the first round at regional... In both instances, the "better" wrestler was up by at least 6 points in the second period when the falls occured... Once with an ugly headlock, and the other time with an even uglier neck-wrench...

Does this mean our guy was the better of the two? On those particular two occasions, I would argue Yes... But the other wrestler had a much better chance at the next level (Semi-State)...

I think that is the arguement being made here... Hopefully Kaiser learned from the mistakes he made and will come out on top...

Now its time to post some predictions... My Top 4 in order:

103 Hunt
Wills
Abbott
Gonzales

113 Stephenson
Meiring
Wable
Myers

120 House
Rutter
Cooper
Hale

126 Heistand
Schliessman
Thompson
Lowe

132 Coy
Stephenson
Coats
Bell

138 Laughlin
Brown
Ford
Green

145 McCormick
Torbush
Prescott
Richardson

152 Nevings
Calhoun
Berkebile
Halcomb

160 Gray
Underwood
Drown
Riddick

170 Jackson
Brown
Guy
Reyes

182 Heistand
Maddox
Williams
Armour

195 Anderson
Taylor
Evans
Blevins

220 Hangen
Little
Hughes
Alley

285 Phillips
Heistand
George
Clark

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.