Magazine and Rankings Update

Y2CJ41

Ordered the mag tonight and took a quick glance at the digital version.  Looking forward to reading it all!

The question I have is how confident are you guys about the weights for each wrestler? How often do weights change between now and wrestling season?  Is that common, or are most teams at the top pretty much set at this point?

how confident are you guys about the weights for each wrestler?

100% confident, if a kid changes weights they will be fined $100!  In all seriousness, these are some of the better preseason rankings we have had. However, when kids/coaches tell us a kid is making XXX weight in August it never ceases to change come November and December.  Even some coaches/kids don't know where they are going and we just give it an educated guess. I would say there would be about 25% of the kids change weights.

How often do weights change between now and wrestling season?

We have kids changing weights in January so it is quite often. There are even times when we are anxiously awaiting sectional brackets to come out to see where a kid has decided to enter for the tournament.

Is that common, or are most teams at the top pretty much set at this point?
Not sure if I will answer this correctly, but most of the top teams have their lineups semi in place. The top teams always have jockeying and you never know where kids will land officially until certifications and they actually step on the mat.

Great answer Y2C!  I haven't typically followed wrestling throughout the summer and pre-season like I have this year, and to some extent last year.  That is a direct reflection of this site and the work you guys do.  I live in Alabama now so I am not always in touch close with what's going on outside of a few articles, your site and track wrestling.  I used to pick it up each year as we entered sectionals, but much has changed due to indianamat.com.    Thanks for a fair and thorough answer to my questions and for providing a great resource for those that love Indiana wrestling!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.