Weigh In Rules Question #1

Joe as I am not trying to make this a you vs the IHSWCA, Mr Faulkens also provided a online video for any coach not at coaches clinic to see on the weightloss plan through every schools athletic director also.  I didn't watch since I was in attendance at clinic so I am not sure what was in the video. 

As to try to answer these questions I have also emailed Mr Faulkens for clarification and as soon as I get a response I will share with everyone.  Since it seems like people have gotten different answers from the IHSAA on this topic or their have been different interpretations on the same answer. 

I still am curious as to how this 1 1/2% rule was handled in the original Team State Series?

Once again everyone thanks for the kind words.

Joe as I am not trying to make this a you vs the IHSWCA, Mr Faulkens also provided a online video for any coach not at coaches clinic to see on the weightloss plan through every schools athletic director also.  I didn't watch since I was in attendance at clinic so I am not sure what was in the video. 

As to try to answer these questions I have also emailed Mr Faulkens for clarification and as soon as I get a response I will share with everyone.  Since it seems like people have gotten different answers from the IHSAA on this topic or their have been different interpretations on the same answer. 

I still am curious as to how this 1 1/2% rule was handled in the original Team State Series?

Once again everyone thanks for the kind words.

Again why the lack of communication? Just because it was at the clinic doesn't mean everyone saw it. Just because it was sent to athletic directors doesn't mean everyone saw it.  This is a very important topic and yet most coaches probably had no clue that Faulkens clarified this.  The IHSWCA should communicate with their members and even the non-members more. There was way more emphasis on middle school weight classes than a clarification on the weight loss plan.

This only makes sense.  There were tournaments this winter that guys got a 2 pound allowance

because of the weather.  No one thought anything about guys wresting their own weight the next

week.  If you followed the 1.5 per week.  Guys would not be able to do that.

Again why the lack of communication? Just because it was at the clinic doesn't mean everyone saw it. Just because it was sent to athletic directors doesn't mean everyone saw it.  This is a very important topic and yet most coaches probably had no clue that Faulkens clarified this.  The IHSWCA should communicate with their members and even the non-members more. There was way more emphasis on middle school weight classes than a clarification on the weight loss plan.

So if the IHSAA contacting each school individually isn't communicating what is?

Like I have said I have sent Mr Faulkens a email after I saw the confusion and once I have a clarification I will release it to everyone.

So if the IHSAA contacting each school individually isn't communicating what is?

Like I have said I have sent Mr Faulkens a email after I saw the confusion and once I have a clarification I will release it to everyone.

Never mind go along your merry way, just keep doing things the same as you always have. It is a lost cause to try to get the IHSWCA to do anything.

You have a two page thread on a weight management question that was supposedly answered at the fall clinic and sent to athletic directors. Yet we still have coaches that did not get this information. Why wasn't something like this included in the UNITE magazine? Why wasn't this sent out to coaches like our new mythical middle school weight classes?

To some they would feel this is very important, I guess to others it is miniscule compared to middle school weight classes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.