Taylor Walsh

With all of the positive movement at IU, why did Walsh's brother not come to IU.  Looking at his weight they are not overloaded there?

A decent New Jersey kid choosing to attend a New Jersey college rather than IU, on face value I don't see it as that controversial of a college decision. Did IU have some interest in Chad?  Was any type of offer on the table comparable to what Rider was offering?  That info may help look like more of an issue.  Guessing Dubuque's NJ connection helped pull Walsh to IU, but with him gone their is a little less of a pipeline for that area in general.  While some brothers attend the same school for athletics, you can show just as many that end up at different schools too because of a number of factors.

All good points Matt, but you when you look at line-up, why he was not recruited if he was not, why he chose to go elsewhere if he was recruited with his brother already in program.  It would be interesting to know the reason?  He wrestled at Midlands at 157, IU needs wrestlers at 157,165 in the coming years.  Surprised Simmons did not get him to IU.

Matt, would love to here what the as you stated NJ pipeline thinks of his

Just what do you think the odds are of Taylor pinning Nebraskas J.Green tonight? On a side note, Did anyone read the article in the Bloomington paper? Why would his brother subject himself to the same problems Taylor gets every day in practice? Both brothers are coached by their father, who coaches his wrestlers to do everything Goldman teaches not to do. This year Taylor is taking the bull by the horns and ignoring the coaches. I guess this year we will find out how it turns out. But the I.U. coaches would be a red light for me if I were Taylors brother. Different styles and wrestling philosophy.

Just what do you think the odds are of Taylor pinning Nebraskas J.Green tonight?

Will Nebraska be putting out their full line up against the Hoosiers, since they will be wrestling Iowa on Sunday.  I would expect Nebraska to think about sit a few wrestlers that aren't at 100% if the team can get by with wrestling a reserve at a few weights.

Well Iowa match is 18th,BTN live. Penn Sun., but I would think Green vs. I.U. and DSJ of Iowa. Backup for Penn. Ok now tell me a prediction.

Thanks for correction.  I was meaning Penn St.  But, same thing in my view they may sit a few guys at choice weight classes if its needed though it may not necessarily be Green.  I'm guessing most people don't expect Walsh to be on such a pin streak during the Big 10 schedule, but we will see.

Match Summary NEBR INDI

133 Colton McCrystal (Nebraska) won by pin over Chris Caton (Indiana) 5:19. 6.00 0

141 Ethan Raley (Indiana) won by decision over Adam Joseph (Nebraska) 6-4. 0 3.00

149 Jake Sueflohn (Nebraska) won by decision over Eric Roach (Indiana) 8-3. 3.00 0

157 James Green (Nebraska) won by decision over Taylor Walsh (Indiana) 7-1. 3.00 0

165 Ryan Leblanc (Indiana) won by decision over Austin Wilson (Nebraska) 3-2. 0 3.00

174 Robert Kokesh (Nebraska) won by decision over Nate Jackson (Indiana) 6-3. 3.00 0

184 Timothy Dudley (Nebraska) won by pin over Lucas Sheridan (Indiana) 3:50. 6.00 0

197 Spencer Johnson (Nebraska) won by decision over Garret Goldman (Indiana) 6-1. 3.00 0

285 Adam Chalfant (Indiana) won by major decision over Collin Jensen (Nebraska) 10-2. 0 4.00

125 Tim Lambert (Nebraska) won by forfeit over Unknown (Unattached) . 6.00 0

Dual Meet Score 30.0 10.0  

Dual Meet Comments

http://www.trackwrestling.com/dualmeets/DualMeetDetail.jsp?dualMeetId=214254009