Best Weight Class of 2014?

I made my opinion known of the top contenders of 106 discussion topic that 106 in my opinion is the toughest weight class this year do to depth and quality of wrestlers. However I was wondering what everyone else thought. I know that there are some tough weight classes like 126 and 145 that have studs in the class, but I think 106 has it this year. What do you all think?

The only real problem with looking at 106 as the toughest weight class is that it  is usually good freshmen wrestling other good freshmen.  Might make it the most entertaining, but not the highest quality of wrestling.  106 does seem very competitive when looking at the top eight wrestlers.  After that, IMO it is probably not that strong.  However, I would much rather watch 106 pounders wrestle  than say 160 and up.  Those little grapplers can really move.  For the record, The Bailey kid from Cath. looks very tough.  I haven't seen the Konrath or Cummings kids wrestle yet, but Bailey looked fantastic last weekend at Westfield as he took it to some pretty tough competition.

Are you talking the best weight class or the most competitive.

Best I would have to say 126.  The top 16 guys are all very high level guys.

Most competitive may be 195. I have seen a ton of upsets this year at 195.

As far as most talented wrestlers in a weight class. You could make a good argument starting at 120-145.

106 is good.  But coming for a dad whose son wrested 106.  There is really no comparison.

is 195 competitive because they are all outstanding wrestlers or all just on the same level? When I posted it I was thinking the most competition in the weight class, but it might also need to be said the strength of the weight class as well.

I agree, Moss, Omar, Thacker, those are the three I see making noise

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.