Have a safe and happy 2 pound weight allowance Eve.

IMAWRESTLER

I hope everyone is clear on this subject.  Coach told my son's team the allowance will not start until Monday 01/06 so it will not apply for the tournament they are going to this Friday 01/03. ???

Per the IHSAA website Winter Bullitin..

D. Two‐Pound Growth Allowance

Rule 4‐4‐4 has been amended to read "a two‐pound growth allowance may be added to each weight class any time after the date of certification." In Indiana, the date for the growth allowance shall be January 1, 2014.

So unless Mr. Fauklin or Mr. Cox have over rules this date lately that is what was established for this season.  Another explanation could be some coaches maybe confused on the date based on what it was a previous season or just doesn't want the team overdoing it during the winter break time period. 

In the paperwork sent out by the IHSWCA at the start of the season, it reads that the 2lb weight allowance goes into effect on January 6, 2014. That has since been changed to January 1, 2014.

You would think they would send out something to clarify this discrepancy (the original 6th vs. the winter bulletin 1st) before it leads to any type of issue that could cost kids a chance to compete at their qualified weight class between the two dates.  But, I'm guessing that has not been the case since the confusion still exists.

2013-14 IHSAA Winter Bullitin

Page 53

Wrestling

I General

D. Two-Pound Growth Allowance

Rule 4-4-4 has been amended to read "a two-pound growth allowance may be added to each weight class any time after the date of certification." In Indiana, the date for the growth allowance shall be January 1, 2014.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.