Twin lakes vs. Jeff sectional

Wrestling0021

I think both sectionals are doing very well, producing high quality wrestlers, as strong a Regional as ever.  Although, this year the Lafayette Jeff sectional will once again dominate the Logansport Regional.  Way too many seniors/returning champs from Jeff.  I think the entire Twin Lakes Sectional only has 1 returning Regional champ this year, right?  The Jeff Sectional has like 7 returning champs, mostly seniors.  Next year the Twin Lakes sectional will do better but right now the higher quality wrestlers are in the Lafayette area.  IMO..

why would we compare twin lakes vs. the Jeff sectional??? Opposite sides of the state???

Lafayette Jefferson Sectional -- Do you know anything about the northern half of the state?

Year in and year out the Lafayette sectional outperforms the Twin Lakes sectional in terms of team and overall individual talent.

You can compare the two sectionals if you want, and yes  Jeff would dominate, but let's not forget that the Logan regional is one of the weakest across the state.  Not sure you want to start claiming bragging rights between these two sectionals.  IMO however, the best team comes from the Twin Lakes sectional.  I don't think anyone from these 2 sectionals can beat TL head to head unless TL has key kids get hurt, quit, or come up academically ineligible.  We will find out a lot this week because I think Twin Lakes wrestles Harrison. 

To the Delphi point, I wish they had never been moved out of the Twin Lakes Sectional.  The two Sectionals would be more balanced with another big program at Twin Lakes.  Put Delphi back in Monticello, bring back Frankfort, and put Western in either Sectional..  I miss the Twin Lakes vs. Frankfort vs. Delphi rivalries at Sectional and the shoot-out at Regional which used to include Western.

To the earlier point about Logansport being a weak Regional, that is obviously debatable.  But, you cannot dispute that the Regional was made weaker when Western and Frankfort were pulled out.

Logansport is easily the weakest regional feeding into the Merriville semi-state, probably the point trying to be made. Definitely not the weakest in the state. Over the past 10 years there has been a lot of growth in state qualifiers and place winners from the Logan regional and hopefully the trend continues.

Lafayette Jefferson Sectional -- Do you know anything about the northern half of the state?

Year in and year out the Lafayette sectional outperforms the Twin Lakes sectional in terms of team and overall individual talent.

Yes I'm well versed in "Da' Region" and I also know of some Metzger guy who was the greatest wrestler to ever come out of Tippecanoe county.

Annnnnnnd. I get physically ill seeing all the Purdue billboards when I'm going to Chi-town.

Yes I'm well versed in "Da' Region" and I also know of some Metzger guy who was the greatest wrestler to ever come out of Tippecanoe county.

Annnnnnnd. I get physically ill seeing all the Purdue billboards when I'm going to Chi-town.

Contrary to popular belief there is wrestling outside of the region in the northern half of the state. Your second comment proves you know nothing about this area!

You can compare the two sectionals if you want, and yes  Jeff would dominate, but let's not forget that the Logan regional is one of the weakest across the state.  Not sure you want to start claiming bragging rights between these two sectionals.  IMO however, the best team comes from the Twin Lakes sectional.  I don't think anyone from these 2 sectionals can beat TL head to head unless TL has key kids get hurt, quit, or come up academically ineligible.  We will find out a lot this week because I think Twin Lakes wrestles Harrison.

Harrison beat Twin Lakes head to head this weekend and Harrison didn't even have their best lineup. Davis was at 113 not 106, Kevin bailey was out, and Roetker was out at 145.  Harrison is the best team in this regional.

Harrison beat Twin Lakes head to head this weekend and Harrison didn't even have their best lineup. Davis was at 113 not 106, Kevin bailey was out, and Roetker was out at 145.  Harrison is the best team in this regional.

So Twin Lakes had there best team on the mat then?  Well congratulations to Harrison for already winning 2014 regionals.

What was the score of the dual? Close?

Season still early some guys out, some guys at different weights, come regional time it should be best vs best. A lot more competitive overall

What was the score of the dual? Close?

Season still early some guys out, some guys at different weights, come regional time it should be best vs best. A lot more competitive overall

it was close like 6-or 8 points  maybe Mack knows he seems to know everything.  But ya we had 3-4 guys out and Blake did wrestle fri but not Saturday.

Shold be close at regional as it was at last years regional.  Both Harrison and Twin Lakes both have most of their teams back.

Hopefully everybody's wrestlers get healthy and stay healthy.    Harrison won by 7 in Dual meet and outscored Twin Lakes in tournament.  And as noted Denton wrestled in duals but not tournament.  Both Harrison and TL have key wrestlers out.

Nobody should overlook Delphi as they will be a factor and legitimately could win regional.  West Lafayette could surprise, but I dont know if WL can score in enough weight classes to hang with the first 3 teams mentioned.

Headlock83 comment about Twin Lakes  being the heavy favorite is gross overstatement.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.