145: Macri (MISH)

152: Manspeaker (PENN)

160: Hack (SBR)

170: Kolat (SBW)

182: Hurford (CC)

195: Stasiak (PENN)

220: Eby (MISH)

285: Carr (SBC)

Sam Ferdig is 2-0 against Manspeaker. Unless Trevor steps up his game, he's gonna keep losing these matches by 1 or 2 points. And I'm close to Stasiak, but if he thinks he's gonna get away with another head lock to win regionals (especially if he wrestles Allen in the finals, again), he's probably wrong. But I do think he has this.

Sam Ferdig is 2-0 against Manspeaker. Unless Trevor steps up his game, he's gonna keep losing these matches by 1 or 2 points. And I'm close to Stasiak, but if he thinks he's gonna get away with another head lock to win regionals (especially if he wrestles Allen in the finals, again), he's probably wrong. But I do think he has this.

I know Ferdig is a good wrestler but Penn is going to have that mentality this weekend that Regionals is the most important meet and I can see Manspeaker bringing his A game but it will be a good one. On Stasiak, he is on a roll right now and I do not see anyone getting in his way.

I know Ferdig is a good wrestler but Penn is going to have that mentality this weekend that Regionals is the most important meet and I can see Manspeaker bringing his A game but it will be a good one. On Stasiak, he is on a roll right now and I do not see anyone getting in his way.

I definitely agree with you that Stasiak is in the right mindset and on the right path; even he knows this. I definitely can say that every single time Ferdig and Manspeaker wrestle, I flip out. Because they're evenly matched, and honestly it's anyone's win. But I still have to go with Ferdig. Sam's been going hard at practices because he knows Trevor could beat him at any time. His guard is up.

I'm sure Trevor is going pretty hard too... And he has numerous state-ranked guys around his weight to push him.

Haha I know he is. He's harassed by Harper everyday for his matches against Sam. All that can be safely said right now is that it will definitely be another good match.

I'm sure Trevor is going pretty hard too... And he has numerous state-ranked guys around his weight to push him.

Sams getting in some pretty good practices too. Trevor will be ready but sam isn't taking it lightly. As a sophomore he had lost by 2 points in aclose match to a state placer in the ticket round. Last year he missed sectionals due to injury... were 4 kids from the rochester regional made it to state (two who he beat). He had a good preseason nationals where he came one round away from placing and only has one loss this year. He has found ways to push himself and he knows that this is important. If trevor wins I don't think it will be due to better practices. Needless to say I'm going with sam despite how hard it is to beat someone 3 times in a row

106: 1st: Jake Sinkovics- Mishawaka

2nd: Drew Hildebrandt- Penn

3rd: Cody Allmon- Ply

4th: Austin Laughlin- South Bend Adams

Laughlin vs Heckathorn will be the match to see in the first round. I have seen more of Austin and that might have something to do with my pick but when he comes to wrestle he is very tough

113: 1st: Zach Davis- Penn

2nd: Jake Hartman- South Bend Clay

3rd: Allen Betts- Culver

4th: Ryan Hardesty- Mishawaka???

Zach has proven that 113 is a perfect fit for him. Ranked number 2 in the state, with the only loss at 113 being to Micic. I don't think he is in any danger. Hartman lost to Betts early in the year but is an al smith champ and very solid wrestler. It might be NIC bias, but I'm going with him based off what i have seen from the second half of the season. I honestly don't have a clue for the 4th spot though. I guess Hardesty vs Ponsler will be the best first round match seeing as the three first round matches see pretty cut and dry to me.

120: 1st: Luis Munoz- Warsaw

2nd: Kayla Miracle- CMA

3rd: Cameron Beam- Penn

4th: Seth Moon- Rochester

Cameron Beam impressed me when he let go and wrestled. If he comes out he could pull some upsets, but i don't know if the confidence is there yet. Look for a good match between Moon and Stephens in the first round. A sane man might choose the senior Stephens, but from what I saw on saturday wrestling wise, he benefited on the fact that chadwick coming up from 113 got stuck at the four seed.

126: 1st: Scott Warner- South Bend Riley

2nd: Kam Markovich- Plymouth

3rd: Jacob Parks- Penn

4th: John Hunting- Rochester

Warner is quick on his feet and i don't see anyone stopping him here. I think there is a tie for best first round here with Hesch from mishawaka vs Hunting. Hesch is benefiting from the Mishawaka schedule so i wouldn't be surprised if he pulls it off.  Another one im looking forward to in the first round is Nelson from tippy valley vs Parks.

132: 1st: Grant Martsolf- Mishawaka

2nd: Mitch Hartman- South Bend Clay

3rd: Joshua Curcio- Penn

4th: Noah Trevino- CMA

Oh no he did not! Oh wait, I did. I'm going with Grant in the rematch and saying he wins two weeks in a row. The kid is tough on top and tends to be in good position. I see it being another overtime match and it could obviously go either way in the finals. Curcio vs Childers is my match of the first round, but Curcio is battle tested in a tough penn schedule.

138: 1st: Tommy Forte- Mishawaka

2nd: Anthony McHugh- CMA

3rd: Alex Rinehart Penn

4th: Jay Heckathorn- Rochester

Forte And McHugh could be the match of day. McHugh had a close match with Molloy so I won't count him out, but I'd say it is Forte's match to lose. Haney vs Heckathorn could be one to watch, if any, in the first round.

145: 1st: Tristan Macri- Mishawaka

2nd: Joe Mammolenti- Penn

3rd: William Howell-Bey- South Bend Washington

4th: David Zajac- CMA

Macri has shown he is in a class above this field, but you can never sleep on Mammo. Howell-Bey will have to earn his spot with a first round match against Ahlenius. Both seniors will be going at it like its their last hs mat... oh wait.

152: 1st: Sam Ferdig- South Bend Adams

2nd: Trevor Manspeaker- Penn

3rd: Isaiah White- South Bend Washington

4th: Edward Hogan- CMA

The top two here will likely beat the rest of the field like a redheaded step child. Expect them to walk to the finals exactly like they did at the sectionals, before the two clash. Sam won the first match 3-2 and the second one 1-0 so its a safe bet it will be close. Downhour from Rochester could pressure White in the first round

160: 1st: Chase Hack- South Bend Riley

2nd: Chase Osborn- Penn

3rd: Michael Bates- South Bend Washington

4th: Nick Rozow- Wawasee

If it wasn't for a side headlock in the first period by st joes kid against Miller from adams this weight class would have had 6 solid picks for a champ. There is a lot of depth here anyways seeing as i have someone 37-4 going not making it to semi-state. Osborn vs Hogan will be a great first round match up and probably the best of any weight class in the first round. keep an eye on that one. st joes kid could break my picks though seeing as he did hit two headlocks in the first period at sectionals to end Millers season.

170: 1st: Jeffrey Wiseman- Penn

2nd: Kelly Kolat- South Bend Washington

3rd: Mark Hurford- Culver

4th:  Eder Gallegos- South Bend Adams

Any one of these 4 could win it. Gallegos woke up after losing to Bradley last week and wrestled well, beating malone 5-1, then Bradley 7-1 for third. If he would have wrestled like that from the start he might have been the champ, he could surprise some people. Expect Hurford to get pushed by Bradley in the first round.

182: 1st: Matt Hurford- Culver

2nd: Ryan Jankowski- South Bend St. Joseph

3rd: Wesley LaFluer- Mishawaka

4th: Aaron Houin- Plymouth

Another Deep weight class. Hurford shouldn't have any issues winning it all, but outside of him, there are probably 5 different guys that could take home second. Lafluer vs Beck from Tippy and Chaffee vs Houin from plymouth should be battles

195: 1st: Joseph Stasiak- Penn

2nd: Jaylin Allen- South Bend Clay

3rd: Brian Clark- Wawasee

4th: Jaron Kidd- TV

Hernandez vs Clark and Kidd vs Kazmierczak will be good ones to watch in the first round. Stasiak is wrestling well but Allen is no slouch and could win that match up

220: 1st: Keenan Boyd- South Bend Adams

2nd: Braxton Eby- Mishawka

3rd: DeAndre Pickford- Plymouth

4th: Kobe Woods- Penn

This weight class in my opinion just comes down to matchups. Woods showed he could beat Boyd, I think Eby can beat Woods with his wrestling, but he couldn't stop Boyd's take downs to save his life. Pickford did beat Boyd early in the year but Boyd got his revenge and beat him at NIC. Woods could pose a matchup issue with Pickford but I'm going with the senior. That is... if Pickford gets past a tough Schmitt from clay in the first round.

285: 1st: Shakir Carr- South Bend Clay

2nd: Kali Boyd- South Bend Adams

3rd: Clayton Stohler- Penn

4th: Drew Dodson- Plymouth

Carr's size makes it hard for anyone to handle. Boyd's athleticism is also hard for most to handle. Expect those two to go at it again. Eppley seems to be the most likely to break through outside of my picks, but hey it is heavyweight and anything could happen.

106: Sinkovics (MISH)

113: Davis (PENN)

120: Munoz (WAR)

126: Warner (SBR)

132: Hartman (SBC)

138: Forte (MISH)

145: Macri (MISH)

152: Manspeaker (PENN)

160: Hack (SBR)

170: Kolat (SBW)

182: Hurford (CC)

195: Stasiak (PENN)

220: Eby (MISH)

285: Carr (SBC)

Those are some pretty good picks.  132 Martslof will give Hartman another battle, 152 can go either way with Ferdig beating Manspeaker Twice,  should be a battle.  170 no way I see Kolat winning this, 3rd place at best.  Good luck to all wrestlers

@NICfan, score predictions on Moon vs Stephens, Nelson vs Parks(Was he Penns starter all year?)... Another close one is, that I'd see going into overtime is, Manspeaker vs Ferdig... but you said Staziak vs Allen will be close but from brackets I saw a first period fall..

Moon over Stephens- Moon will be at home giving the close edge

Parks over Nelson- Penn is always prepared for the regional tournament

Ferdig over Manspeaker- Manspeaker has been closing the gap since the NIC tournament  but he needs to make it a little closer to pull off the win

Staziak over Allen- Staziak has been looking strong this post season

@NICfan, score predictions on Moon vs Stephens, Nelson vs Parks(Was he Penns starter all year?)... Another close one is, that I'd see going into overtime is, Manspeaker vs Ferdig... but you said Staziak vs Allen will be close but from brackets I saw a first period fall..

Moon over Stephens- Moon will be at home giving the close edge

Parks over Nelson- Penn is always prepared for the regional tournament

Ferdig over Manspeaker- Manspeaker has been closing the gap since the NIC tournament  but he needs to make it a little closer to pull off the win

Staziak over Allen- Staziak has been looking strong this post season

I can't go in to detail wirh scores because there are way to many  things that could happen. Someone goes into desperation mode and gives up 5+ poinys late and and things like that. I do think moon vs stephens will be close though. Parks was not varsity all year I believe. I could be wrong but I think beam was while davis was at 120.

I was told it was a throw that staziak got allen in.

I can't go in to detail wirh scores because there are way to many  things that could happen. Someone goes into desperation mode and gives up 5+ poinys late and and things like that. I do think moon vs stephens will be close though. Parks was not varsity all year I believe. I could be wrong but I think beam was while davis was at 120.

I was told it was a throw that staziak got allen in.

Anything can happen, thats the magic of it  8)

I agree Moon and Stephens will be a very close match, toss up two good wrestlers

I heard that Parks beat Markovich from Plymouth at the NIC, Makes me think it could be Warner and Parks again in the finals?

Big 195 boys gotta be able to throw, props to Staziak

Anything can happen, thats the magic of it  8)

I agree Moon and Stephens will be a very close match, toss up two good wrestlers

I heard that Parks beat Markovich from Plymouth at the NIC, Makes me think it could be Warner and Parks again in the finals?

Big 195 boys gotta be able to throw, props to Staziak

Lol exactly. As for the parks thing that is very possible. I overslept and missed nic :/.

So do you guys see anybody in these brackets that maybe could pull an upset?

Laughlin at 106 beating rochesters kid in the first round could be considered one since the rochester kid beat him at al smith. I think boyd at 285 could beat carr even tho he is 0-2 this year against him. As far asa bigger upset, I'm not to sure. There probably will be some but idk who.

I will take Hogan or osbourn hogan is more mentally stronger and that is what the match will come down to who will give up and who will keep fighting

Osborn is a returning state qualifier. He showed he is mentally strong last year when it mattered. Either one of them could win this one, but I went with osborn.

im sticking with hogan and from what i saw this year when my guy wrestled osbourn we broke him that is a sign of mental weakness  ;)

Hogan Is a solid pick for sure. But I think since this is a more important match, it won't be a mental toughness problem. Osborn did beat Hogan earlier this year though, so I'm sticking with him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.