TRC Confernce

dad2

106 - Heckathorn over Clark.  I know this looks like an upset, but Clark is a tough kid.

113 - Mock over Newman.  Mock wins this bracket easily

120 - Gunter over Moon.  Zach will redeem himself from the loss last weekend.

126 - Moore over Hunting.  Clayton will do as Zach, redeem last week's loss.  Pretty tough bracket, Clayton will barely get past Nelson and Hunting will have all he wants with Cozad.

132 - Childers over LeTourneau.  Childers is a BEAST.

138 - Heckathorn over Haney.  Haney is pretty good, but Friedersdorf will battle with him and then I think Heckathorn gets him this time.

145 - Kirtlan over McKee.  Yea, I might get some looks over this pick.  Runyon beat Kirtlan 4-3 on a controversial "no call" escape point that got the Northfield coach warned when he protested.  Then McKee barely beat Kirtlan in a match earlier in the season.  I think Kirtlan is ready and takes this one from the the top 2 seeds. 

152 - Downhour over Mikesell.  Tough one to pick.  No REAL favorites in this one.

160 - Bell over Lee.  Another tough on to pick, either of the top 3 seeds could win this one with no one being tooo surprised.

170 - Houlihan over Hubbart.  Again, top 3 seeds in this class are in for a real battle.  They are all extremely close and I think Houlihan is peaking just at the right time and wins a close one over Bell, then upsets Hubartt in a battle to the whistle

182 - Snep over Beck.  This will be a FANTASTIC finals match to watch.  Snep wins it again in a tight match.

195 - Ross over Shafer.  Joseph is a studd, no two ways about it.  He wins this bracket quite easily. 

220 - Hoover over Lee.  Read comment on Joseph and insert the name Tyler. 

HWT - Smith over Wells.  Going for Wells to step up and show his potential.  Beech is pretty good, but I am going for wells with the upset.  He makes it to the finals and earns a chance to get pinned quickly by Smith.

This will be one of the best TRC tournaments we've seen in a long time.  Team wise, there are 4 real candidates to take it.  I am goin with Rochester taking the team trophy with Valley below by single digits in 2nd place. 

We'll see I guess!

Good luck boys. 

im sorry to tell you about your heavyweight prediction, but miller and smith are the best wrestlers in this conference. smith beat miler 10-5. but he is recovered from a concussion that he got when pushed after the buzzer.  im pulling for miller to make a 2nd round upset over smith. they put on a great and exciting match wednesday january 9th, at the southwood vs. wabash dual.  you can't just predict things that you have no clue about. miller made a crucial mistake on a shot, and smith is the kind of wrestler that capitalizes on those mistakes.  no doubt smith is a great wrestler. but he doesnt have much speed, he is just strong.  watch this saturday for another exciting 3 period 6 minutes match, 2nd round smith and miller. it'l be the best match of the day. i can promise you that.

you can't just predict things that you have no clue about.

Interesting comment sir.  You have no idea who I am and yet you feel as if you can say I have no clue about this subject.  Again, very interesting.  

Good luck to you and Bryant Saturday.  

who else has Kirtlan lost to ?

He lost by 1 or 2 points to McKee, a close 4-3 match to Runyon last week, a regular decision match to Woodlan in the finals of the New Haven Invite and a decision to an undefeated #1 seeded North Newton kid in the semi's at the Twin Lakes Invite. 

Great day of wrestling that came down to the Zebras and Warriors for title but the Zebras depth proved too much for N Miami to overcome. For the Warriors in champ finals, Newman gave Alan all he could handle. back and forth throughout match with Alan pulling it out late...Heckathorn kept Ben at bay or tied up but didn't surprise me with Ben being out for awhile. Levis' match Kirtland was as advertised, most exciting match of the day IMO and well worth driving 60 miles to watch(wouldn't have been if Levi would have lost  lol). What can be said about Tony and Tyler except AWESOME wrestling dudes !!!

Heavyweight was probably biggest surprise of day with unseeded Sellers wrestling smart all day and taking title.

Congrats to Rochester on the title and the Warriors for stepping it up a notch and hosting a great day of wrestling and to the ticket lady...she was so nice and pleasant !

oh...on mockdads results in results section. I had Bell winning 160...I know I am probably wrong on this but if someone could confirm one way or the other, it would be appreciated ! Thanx !!

Lee did win 160. Him and bell have been back and forth this year. Another good match between them.  Another Rochester/valley rivalry in the making and bell being a freshman and lee a Jr will surely meet again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.