Castle sectional predictions

Rebelman50

Does anyone have predictions for the castle sectional this year based on what they have seen or heard

Team finishing order:

Memorial

Heritage Hills

Reitz/Castle

Boonville/Harrison

Mt Vernon

I have a feeling Heritage Hills upper weights will take home some hardware even at the regional meet.

Memorial has the most complete team. 

Heritage Hills next due to their upper weights

Reitz and Castle - we will have to see.  I think Castle is a better team than they think they are.  Very green.  Reitz is tough were everyone else is tough, so it's all going to come down to the matches and the day. 

113 is a question mark.  Harrison and Castle could be the one/two here...but it all depends.

120 might be a fun one to watch.

126/132 could be very interesting if some decide to drop or stay at 132, meaning does Wedding move to 126 to face Welch, or stay at 132 to see Johns?  There is the Boonville kid at 126 also.  He is a pretty solid kid that doesn't back up.

138 could be an all Warrick County thing with Allen and Schnell. 

152 could go to Castle...depends on the day.

The rest is really up in the air.

I think I can call 170, 182, 195, and 220 as HH, SS, HH, and HH.

Team finishing order:

Memorial

Heritage Hills

Reitz/Castle

Boonville/Harrison

Mt Vernon

I have a feeling Heritage Hills upper weights will take home some hardware even at the regional meet.

Memorial has the most complete team. 

Heritage Hills next due to their upper weights

Reitz and Castle - we will have to see.  I think Castle is a better team than they think they are.  Very green.  Reitz is tough were everyone else is tough, so it's all going to come down to the matches and the day. 

113 is a question mark.  Harrison and Castle could be the one/two here...but it all depends.

120 might be a fun one to watch.

126/132 could be very interesting if some decide to drop or stay at 132, meaning does Wedding move to 126 to face Welch, or stay at 132 to see Johns?  There is the Boonville kid at 126 also.  He is a pretty solid kid that doesn't back up.

138 could be an all Warrick County thing with Allen and Schnell. 

152 could go to Castle...depends on the day.

The rest is really up in the air.

I think I can call 170, 182, 195, and 220 as HH, SS, HH, and HH.

I think you are forgeting about Kuhn at 113. Also reitz isn't just tough down low, they are dominant there. I see Reitz cleaning up quite nicely and finishing strong down low. Even if Wedding drops, I see Welch taking it home. Looking very crisp. Although Wedding is a very solid wrestler himself. That and another Kuhn vs. Brown rematch will be worth the admission and some.

I think you are forgeting about Kuhn at 113. Also reitz isn't just tough down low, they are dominant there. I see Reitz cleaning up quite nicely and finishing strong down low. Even if Wedding drops, I see Welch taking it home. Looking very crisp. Although Wedding is a very solid wrestler himself. That and another Kuhn vs. Brown rematch will be worth the admission and some.

That's what I get for posting from work!  Kuhn just makes 113 more muddy! 

The truth about 113 is Mastison is a different wrestler than he has been the last couple of years.  Maybe it's about h being a senior?  He seems very focused and his height is going to be a problem for opponents.    Brown had to get back on the mat.  No doubt he is statistical choice based on last years info, but youre only as good as your last match. 

Kuhn is a solid, tough kid.  Reminds me of the guys from my day on the Hill!  He has everything he needs to win, but the top 3 spots at 113 could be in any order.

SS 195 should win

Not sure who is at 195 for any of the schools.  I think Denver Burden was at 182 for SS a couple of weeks ago and looked very solid...but HH brings 3 ranked kids into the upper weights that stand a good shot of making it into the Semi State if they perform.

As for one school being dominant in one area or another, I think it is a push in over all between Reitz and Heritage Hills.

Reitz at 106, and 119, (the big 3 at 113 is to close to call).  Reitz would be the front runner at 126 or 132 if it weren't for Welch and Wedding.  HH at 170 to 220 is VERY stout.  182 is a good one for SS, and I guess 195 also - but I really don't much about the young man...

By late January this could all change of course.   

Not sure who is at 195 for any of the schools.  I think Denver Burden was at 182 for SS a couple of weeks ago and looked very solid...but HH brings 3 ranked kids into the upper weights that stand a good shot of making it into the Semi State if they perform.

As for one school being dominant in one area or another, I think it is a push in over all between Reitz and Heritage Hills.

Reitz at 106, and 119, (the big 3 at 113 is to close to call).  Reitz would be the front runner at 126 or 132 if it weren't for Welch and Wedding.  HH at 170 to 220 is VERY stout.   189 is a good one for SS, and I guess 195 also - but I really don't much about the young man...

I am not sure these are the correct weights, but here is what is listed for the HH upper Weights on the rankings page:

170 - Rickenbaugh - 10th

189 - Konerding - 5th

220 - Boehm - 2nd

By late January this could all change of course.     

From what I've seen so far with results in the paper and on this board...my early predictions would be:

106: Ferguson- R

113: Brown- C

120: Davis- R

126: Welch- C

132: Wedding- M

138: Schnell- C

145: Petrig- M

152: Huelsing- M

160: Henshaw- M

170: Rickenbaugh- HH

182: Konerding- HH

195: Salkill- SS

220: Boehm- HH

285: Toss-up???

From what I've seen so far with results in the paper and on this board...my early predictions would be:

106: Ferguson- R

113: Brown- C

120: Davis- R

126: Welch- C

132: Wedding- M

138: Schnell- C

145: Petrig- M

152: Huelsing- M

160: Henshaw- M

170: Rickenbaugh- HH

182: Konerding- HH

195: Salkill- SS

220: Boehm- HH

285: Toss-up???

Solid picks!   One question.  at 152 has Huelsing wrestled Weinzapfel from MD yet?  If so do you know the outcome?

Doesn't Allen of Boonville have a win over Schnell at 138?  Just throwing that out there.

Yeah in the paper it had Weinzapfel winning 7-1.

Not sure on the Allen vs Schnell match? But just last weekend Schnell beat Schroeder of MD, so that is why I give it to him right now. Sectional is a long ways off though, that weight could be a toss up with Schnell, Allen, Hoehn, and whoever Memorial and Reitz throws out there.

Not sure on the Allen vs Schnell match? But just last weekend Schnell beat Schroeder of MD, so that is why I give it to him right now. Sectional is a long ways off though, that weight could be a toss up with Schnell, Allen, Hoehn, and whoever Memorial and Reitz throws out there.

Allen did beat Schnell at the Castle Invitational.  Schnell then beat Schroeder the next week.

At 152, Witte of Castle was neck and neck with Weinzapfel at the end of the match.  It was a 2 or 3 point loss after Witte gave up a 5 point move in the first period.  152 could be a fun one to watch also!

According to the Regional results last year, Witte didn't qualify for the Semi-State. But I still think he will compete to win the Sectional at 152 this year.

I couldn't recall if he was at SS or not.  He is much improved this year.  No one will know until the dust settles though.

• 3 weeks later...

Any thoughts on individuals winning their weights?  I haven't seen all the teams from this sectional wrestle this season so I cannot say more than I see Kuhn being a solid 113 Champion over Brown.

Reitz has a stacked line up from 106-160 and some great potential from the rest of the team. I think Reitz wins this sectional and has the most champions.

;

I've made predictions before, but a few have recently switched weight classes, so I'll throw out some names to maybe get some discussion going...

106: Ferguson

113: Brown, Kuhn, Mastison, Suar, Arney

120: Davis, Myers, Wargel, Ramsey, Chamlee

126: Welch, Hemmings, Williams, ToDrank, Wilson

132: Wedding, Johns, Schulz, Meiring

138: Allen, Schnell, Hoehn, Schessele, Reese

145: Petrig, Jochim, Riegel, Whoberry

152: Henshaw, Witte, ???????

160: Rynkiewich, Wimpleberg, Huelsing, Burden

170: Rickenbaugh, Stotlar, Buxton, Merriweather

182: Konerding, Burden, Duncan, ??????

195: Salkill, Brown, ??????

220: Boehm, Barnes, ??????

285: ???????

I've made predictions before, but a few have recently switched weight classes, so I'll throw out some names to maybe get some discussion going...

106: Ferguson

113: Brown, Kuhn, Mastison, Suar, Arney

120: Davis, Myers, Wargel, Ramsey, Chamlee

126: Welch, Hemmings, Williams, ToDrank, Wilson

132: Wedding, Johns, Schulz, Meiring

138: Allen, Schnell, Hoehn, Schessele, Reese

145: Petrig, Jochim, Riegel, Whoberry

152: Henshaw, Witte, ???????

160: Rynkiewich, Wimpleberg, Huelsing, Burden

170: Rickenbaugh, Stotlar, Buxton, Merriweather

182: Konerding, Burden, Duncan, ??????

195: Salkill, Brown, ??????

220: Boehm, Barnes, ??????

285: ???????

Reitz at 126 and 138 are stronger wrestlers than you give credit for here. 113 is not going to be like last year either. Kuhn looks great this year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.