Lucas Schaeffer

Sandan

This is a shout out for Lucas Shaeffer who exemplifies that hard work and character can be translated into a fantastic season.  To my understanding, he had about 50% wins as a sophomore and trained hard with his team at Westfield, at CIA, etc. so that this year he was 53 -1 with his only loss under the lights.  He's going to the Naval Academy, and he'll be a great asset to our Navy.  Great job Lucas Schaeffer and best wishes at USNA!!!

Sandan,

Thank you for the kind words on Lukas Schaeffer.  Your words about Lukas are perfect, his hard work and character did translate into an amazing senior season.  He is an incredible young man, and everyone at WHS is proud of the season/career he had for the Shamrocks.  His work ethic is second to none and we are very appreciative you took time to recognize him. 

Chad-Thank you as well!  Best of luck to Matt next season.  What a class act he was on Saturday morning!

Sandan,

Thank you for the kind words on Lukas Schaeffer.  Your words about Lukas are perfect, his hard work and character did translate into an amazing senior season.  He is an incredible young man, and everyone at WHS is proud of the season/career he had for the Shamrocks.  His work ethic is second to none and we are very appreciative you took time to recognize him. 

Chad-Thank you as well!  Best of luck to Matt next season.  What a class act he was on Saturday morning!

By the way, nice coaching on Friday night sandbagging that match to make us overconfident Saturday morning....haha.  Good luck to Lukas at Annapolis.

It's hard for a parent to watch this sport and not want to dislike their child's opponent.  I had the opportunity to spend some time with the Westfield fans and got to "know" Lucas through them.  What an incredible young man.  Being ex-Navy myself, I wish him the best.  He is a champion and wins and losses do not define individuals.  I would have liked to have met him and shook his hand. 

It's hard for a parent to watch this sport and not want to dislike their child's opponent.  I had the opportunity to spend some time with the Westfield fans and got to "know" Lucas through them.  What an incredible young man.  Being ex-Navy myself, I wish him the best.  He is a champion and wins and losses do not define individuals.  I would have liked to have met him and shook his hand. 

Ditto!!  Two great competitors with great sportsmanship!!  Best of luck to Tanner!!

Westfield fans were great to be around at state. Nice people, and very respectful. 

I will say  though..... Go Army! Beat Navy! (active duty, going  on 13 years now...). Best of luck to Mr Schaffer and Mr Campbell at USNA. Great future leaders of our Armed Forces. Glad to know good young men will be leading our Soldiers/Sailors/Airmen/Marines in to the future. 

First off, I want to congratulate Mr. Schaeffer on an excellent season and an excellent choice of school.  I would also like to congratulate my good friends Coach O'Neill and Coach Baud. 

Secondly, I had the opportunity to coach along side these guys a few years back and in my opinion they do one heck of a job.  Lucas participated with us at the Disney Duals as an incoming Freshman and he was a trooper.  I'm not sure what his record for the trip was, but I was worried that he would get so discouraged from the butt whipping he received that he might not continue wrestling.  It was definitely an eye opening experience for him.  It is a true indicator of the type of competitor this young man truly is.  Unfortunately, I wasn't there to watch him develop into the high caliber wrestler he has turned into but as a fan it was great to watch his development.  Lucas you are a great young man and I can only hope my son has the same character traits that you have. 

Lastly, back to Coach O'Neill.  For those that know him, he is one of the best guys in our great sport.  Don't be fooled by his flannel jacket, he is one of Indiana's classiest guys.  Congratulations on coaching under the lights and keep up the hardwork.  Westfield High School should be very proud of their program.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.