best match under the lights!!!

boston vs micic

Of course Mckinley and Molloy would be a great match.

But, hands down the overwhelming pick of most would be Phillips against that Ayersman kid.  Both 2x champs with a 3rd place showings. 

I'm don't believe returning wrestlers with 2x state titles have ever met in the finals, (not sure about semi's or prelims either).

Someone is going to have to earn their 3rd title here, unlike most of the recent 3x & 4x state champs whom rarely had to match up

against an opponent who was a returning state champion in any of their title matches (exceptions include McMurry and Jason Tsirtsis.)

I'm not sure what the best match will be, but I know there will be several great ones.  106 with Micic/Boston will be awesome.  At 120 it could be any of the top 4 and will be a great showdown.  126 Ayersman vs. Crume/Lecount/Philips (I still wouldn't give it to Philips).  Obviously 132 will two returning state champs in the field.  160 should be fantastic and so should 195.  No question it will be a great two days of wrestling and I, for one, can't wait.  First we have to get through semi-state though and nothing beats the anticipation of the ticket round there. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.