Post Match Celebrations

DCHawks149

dont take me the wrong way in my earlier post i did say a little too excited.........and the young man was probably trying to pump up team mates and crowd as he did flex to his fans, would had been far worse if he faced the opposite side of the gym.......but i have seen this kid win far bigger matches than last night......and as far as any kid goes after a big win- act like you have been there before

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you people take things wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to seriously.  There is nothing wrong with being exuberant.

You get 5 or 10 seconds of raw emotion. 

Only problem I have is when guys throw a fit when they lose.

I agree with the last part of your post

Given the situation of who he was wrestling, it may have been a bit much for Riley's reaction.  But knowing who he is, I can say that he may have gotten caught up in the atmosphere and hyping to the PMHS students in attendance.  So I would not fault him too much.  This was a huge match in Indiana and emotions were high for everyone.

This would have also been a great opportunity for one of the former Falcon greats in attendance to pull this outstanding young man aside after the match to congratulate him on a fine win for the team and to remind him of who he is representing and of the legacy of sportsmanship at PMHS.

Thanks to both teams for an enjoyable match

Dana Hensley

Noblesville WC

I agree that Riley probably got caught up in the atmoshere and it would have been great for SOMEONE (maybe a coach) to pull him to the side and talk to him about celebrating when the dual meet was already decided.  I think it is up to the coaches to TRY to teach the kids how to win and lose with class and dignity.  Unfortunately, I watch professional athletes every Sunday celebrate a sack, a first down, or hell, even a simple tackle late in a game when the final outcome is no longer in question, so I am sure our kids see this and think it is the way to act.  

If you are good enough to win a state title, than and only than, do whatever the hell you want.  Who cares if they do a backflip or whatever it might be.  But noboby wants to see somone run around holding up a #1 after winning their first round at sectionals

If you are good enough to win a state title, than and only than, do whatever the hell you want.  Who cares if they do a backflip or whatever it might be.  But noboby wants to see somone run around holding up a #1 after winning their first round at sectionals

2nd round of sectionals is a different story  ;D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.