Knights' Classic at South Dearborn 1/14

cradlesr4babies

I have heard that this 9 team tourney is going to be a 12 man bracket with a team added to make it 10 teams made up of leftovers from the 9 teams. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

That is incorrect.  There are 9 teams, but only 2 weight classes (145 and 152) have 9 wrestlers.  If there are no changes to those, we will have a pigtail match with the winner advancing to the round of 8.  Every other weight class will be just like an 8-team tourney.

That is incorrect.  There are 9 teams, but only 2 weight classes (145 and 152) have 9 wrestlers.  If there are no changes to those, we will have a pigtail match with the winner advancing to the round of 8.  Every other weight class will be just like an 8-team tourney.

I heard that this was true....we have some JV wrestlers entered to wrestle in the same weight class as our varsity guys. Guess we will see tomorrow.

I heard that this was true....we have some JV wrestlers entered to wrestle in the same weight class as our varsity guys. Guess we will see tomorrow.

Got the info from SD.  Would still love to see brackets, but I guess we will tomorrow AM.  :~)

It was disturbing to listen to South Dearborn fans yelling in the 145 lb finals match for there kid to " break his freaking arm " of the Indian Creek kid.  Rooting for your kid, or kids on the team your for to win, but, screaming for someone to have there arm broken is wrong.  Doing the screaming was atleast 3 adults and a handful of young adults, atleast high school aged, maybe just out of high school.  I'm sure not all SD parents/fans are like this, but this group was and it was pathetic to witness it.

That very well may be true there FANMAN but what was most disturbing to me and many others in the building was an obvious bias one particular official had with Union County. That wrestler from Richmond vs Union County at 145lbs for third place totally got hosed. That was a take down before the buzzer, the official called it as such and then after whinning by the UC coaches he changed his mind on what he saw and heard. There at anytime can be a judgement call that may or may not be correct but there is no excuse for taking points off the board on something that was seen and heard. Also the kid from Indian Creek got hosed as well, he did not bite that wrestler, there was not an upper and lower mark therefore he should have not been DQ'd (same official). Just plain ridiculous what was witnessed yesterday, if I put on here all the shinanigans that were pulled, id get carple tunnel from all the typing.  ;)

Well, since you brought it up, what about the Richmond parent/fan of the same match, cursing out an official.  I mean seriously, what the heck.  The call was close, it wasn't a sure thing takedown.  The official asked the timekeeper, " did the buzzer go off before I gave the takedown ", timekeeper said yes the buzzer went off first, so he waved off the points.  Either way, a win or loss there isn't the biggest issue, it would be the person cursing the official.  Some of the officiating was pretty, well, not so good.  But the actions of adults there to watch it was way worse than that.  And if you think that win or loss is more disturbing than someone screaming for one kid to break another kids arm intentionally, then you also have issues.

Well FANMAN you really need to get your story straight. First why would someone need to ask if they gave points before the horn? If the official is not competent enough to hear and see at the same time he aint got no business out there. Second, the person you are refering to was NOT cursing it just so happens that I have that match on tape it was quoted by the person "you have to be kidding me" and they said the changed call was "bull-crap" 3 times. What is not being mentioned that is the official said "I want that F-ing B outta here" then 4 seconds later he told the person "your outta here" loud enough for everyone to hear. The tape does not lie sir and those words are plainly heard on the tape as well as the blown call and another blown call awarding the takedown in overtime. If there is anyone that would like a copy of this I would be more than happy to supply it. About alls I can really say is if they think they will get those calls when they come up north in a few weeks for the regionals they are highly mistaken. I can't speak for others but it would be my opinion that the fans you say were saying to break an arm probably was not in a literal term. 

With 3 matches going on at once, buzzers, whistles, fans cheering, it can be hard to hear exactly which buzzer is for each match.  So, asking the timekeeper isn't a problem.  It may have happened before the buzzer, it was a close call, however, going to the timekeeper and asking is the right thing to do.  Maybe she didn't curse, but it sure as heck sounded like it, I forgot, that " bullcrap " and " bullshit " are forever different and the use of " bullcrap " by a parent fan directly is completely and utterly acceptable.  Your also assuming both of them will make regionals about them coming up north to Richmond, as it's no lock for either of them.  And yes, the person saying break his arm was being serious, as a fan from Boone Co., a lady moved away from them for that very reason saying they were the rudest she has ever seen and was also disgusted by them repeatedly saying it.  The two 145's have wrestled before, first time no so close if you remember, this time was close, who knows if they both even make regionals, or even wrestle each other again.  Its all good tho, good luck to both wrestlers the remainder of the year and to both teams.

I wasnt referring to the two I was speaking of the team in general, but I dont need a crystal ball to tell ya the 45 from richmond will be at the regional. There were some pretty bad calls by the same official at 132 as well, but it is what it is and that guy needs to think about other things to do on Saturdays. My point was that there werent any F bombs flying and that particular official was stinking up the building and there aint no doubt about it and i think SD has lost richmond and indian creek at the least for that tourney due to his incompantance. As far as the arm breaking talk if indeed what you say is fact that it was to the point of offending people that is unfortuate i was giving the benefit of the doubt i know ive heard rip his face off numerous times from coaches and i am pretty sure they didnt mean it literally.  :)

but I dont need a crystal ball to tell ya the 45 from richmond will be at the regional.  :)

He probably will, he won't have House-Connersville, Feller-Franklin County, Griffen-South Dearborn in his sectional.  Who have an estimated record of 100-8 this year, looking at the schools to be in the other sectional, I'm can't think of anyone who would possibly have only a few losses, maybe Shenandoah's, but he might be 152 lb.  It is what it is, but, it is a harder road elsewhere.

Your right my friend he has already faced House 3 times and Feller and Griffen once, so you are correct the sectional road is a tad easier up here but as ive always been told ya gotta eventually beat the best to be the best. Yes Webster from Doah is at 45 and he wrestled him in a tight one at ISWA folkstyle state for 7th and 8th two years ago, and from what ive seen there aint nobody else thats probably an obstacle like those down south.  :D

I didn't write anything down, but will go off of memory..

106 Isaacs  Lincoln

Brasier East Central

Blessing Indian Creek

Bowers Union County

113 LaHue Corydon Central

Eckstein East Central

Taylor Boone Co.

Weireter Richmond 

120 Gutapfel East Central

Badida Conner

Gregory Union County

Gatton Indian Creek

126 Struewing East Central

Twine Richmond

Evans South Dearborn

Smith Conner

132 Fuller Union County

Port Richmond

Salatin East Central

Maley Lincoln

138 Bottoms Richmond

Dole East Central

Manning South Dearborn

Grandstaff Conner

145 Griffen South Dearborn

Wheeler Indian Creek

Hartman Union County

Noe Richmond

152 Edwards Union County

Barron South Dearborn

Gramman East Central

Gross Richmond

160 Shaw South Dearborn

Bischoff East Central

Warwick Conner

Wethington Indian Creek

170 Jones Boone Co.

McClanahan South Dearborn

Mitts East Central

Fiorelli Conner

182 Steele Boone Co.

Fischer Conner

Snodgrass Indian Creek

Bruner South Dearborn

195 Grimes Union County

Caddell South Dearborn

Moore East Central

Weireter Richmond

220 Knura Indian Creek

Thompson Conner

Nuhring East Central

Caddell South Dearborn

HVY Brown East Central

Case South Dearborn

Deilkes Union County

Carver Corydon Central

1 and 2 are right, 3 and 4ths are probably right, might have missed a few tho.

I was standing matside during this match and the Richmond lady definitely yelled "that's bulls*%$!" The first time...after that she was yelling bull crap...the ref never called her any curse words...the UC coaches were told to sit down and the ref never said a word to them...he asked the score keeper if the takedown was after the buzzer which he replied yes. The UC coaches did what any other coach would have done for their own wrestler. Was it a close call?? Yes it was but Noe was not in control when the buzzer went off...he had a chance in over time but didn't get the takedown...good luck to both at sectionals.

Wrong answer! I have evidence proving against your theory, thats all.  ;D   

Not sure exactly what you caught on tape, so you are probably right on most counts.  However, the first words out of that young "lady's" mouth were definitely "bullsh*t".  It was so loud (we were down on the end by mat 1 and heard it), I am not sure how your recording could have missed it.  That was a crazy match.  Fortunately, the officiating (right or wrong) didn't end anyone's season.  The top 4 145s in that tournament are all great wrestlers!

The fun continues this weekend!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.