Evansville Reitz vs. EMD

WrestleMan

The 2 forfeits didn't change the final score. Maurer was going to bump to 220 and would have gotten a fall. Reitz knew that was coming, that's why they sat Schnarr. Wright would have gotten a fall at 285 also. 

Maurer had to report first I think, so at least they would have known what was going to happen. MD still wins but it would have been tight. Who knows what 125 would have been, could have been 12 point swing. Either way great night of wrestling.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great night of wrestling. It pretty much came down the way I predicted. I even called the 113 match which I also agree was the tightest and most exciting match of the night. Kuhn got the first win to give Reitz some life but Davis got a big win for Reitz and got the momentum going their way. Davis showed toughness from start to finish and wrestled to win. Johns at 120 was another great match that kept the momentum their way. Vanhooks replacement was thrown into a very tough spot and did well for a freshman in that kind of circumstance but I called the pin in that match and was correct. There were just too many holes in the line up for Reitz because of injuries to overcome a great team like Mater Dei. I look forward to the next few weeks as these kids meet up in the SIAC. Reitz at Mater Dei was another great night. I hope everyone made it home safe!

Maurer had to report first I think, so at least they would have known what was going to happen. MD still wins but it would have been tight. Who knows what 125 would have been, could have been 12 point swing. Either way great night of wrestling.

Yeah that's why he sat out the last two weeks of practice and the meet at Carbondale, incase he had to wrestle in a meet against Wright (sarcasm)! Wow your full of yourself. That's probably the plan the whole time, sit two of your best wrestlers so they can't help the team. Ferguson is an evil genius! I promise you if Schnarr could have wrestled he would have!

It was a very entertaining night even with the forfeits. There were matches at 182, 220, 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152, 160 last night. So there were 11 matches and Reitz won 5 to MD's 6  Reitz had 2 forfeits to MD's 1. The thing that hurt Reitz the most was Vanhook and Schnarr being out but MD's bonus points and a come from behind pin made a huge difference also.  I'm already looking forward to SIAC, last night was a great preview for what we have coming in the future weeks. Its got me pumped. Congrats to MD on a great dual.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.