Favorite Wrestling Books

devildog47959

I have read a lot of military books in my life but have never really read any wrestling books. I think I'm going to try and read a few, any suggestions?

I've heard these books r very good, has anybody read them? Comments? Ill prolly end up reading them all, but which 1 to start with  ???

- 4 Days To Glory (2 Iowa HS Wrestlers Senior Seasons, Going For 4X)

- A Season on the Mat: Dan Gable and the Pursuit of Perfection (Iowa's 1996-97 Cinderella season, Gable's finale as coach)

- American Victory: Wrestling, Dreams, and a Journey Toward Home (Henry Cejudo- Youngest American To Ever Win Gold Medal)

- Never Stop Pushing: My Life from a Wyoming Farm to the Olympic Medals Stand (Rulan Gardner)

I' have read all of them and must say, I enjoyed every 1.

4 day's to glory- You will find yourself pulling up memories of when you competed, the great and tough time's that you went through, your team went through, and the wrestler's you met through competing.

American Victory- If you have ever coached or had the opportunity to impact kid's, those memories will will hit really home and you will want to call that wrestler, student, or kid just to see how they are doing and let them know you are still always there for them. Great Read!!!

Never Stop Pushing- If you ever had any type of adversity outside of the wrestling world and the only way you knew how to deal with it was through the sport, you will have a great appreciation for this book.   

A season on the mat- When you read this book, you can imagine yourself being a part of the experience. This book gives in great detail how tough it is for a coach at the highest level to keep everything together and for a wrestler to stay at the top of his game when every1 want's to knock you off.

Hope this give you some insight as to which to start reading first.

Coach Weimer

I read the book "Wrestling Sturbridge" by Richard Wallace, when I was a Freshmen in high school.  It's a great book

Also, if you can get your hands on "The Edge" by Howard Ferguson, it is definitely worth the time to sit down and read it.

I'm currently reading "4 Days to Glory".  It's excellent.

I' have read all of them and must say, I enjoyed every 1.

4 day's to glory- You will find yourself pulling up memories of when you competed, the great and tough time's that you went through, your team went through, and the wrestler's you met through competing.

American Victory- If you have ever coached or had the opportunity to impact kid's, those memories will will hit really home and you will want to call that wrestler, student, or kid just to see how they are doing and let them know you are still always there for them. Great Read!!!

Never Stop Pushing- If you ever had any type of adversity outside of the wrestling world and the only way you knew how to deal with it was through the sport, you will have a great appreciation for this book.     

A season on the mat- When you read this book, you can imagine yourself being a part of the experience. This book gives in great detail how tough it is for a coach at the highest level to keep everything together and for a wrestler to stay at the top of his game when every1 want's to knock you off.

Hope this give you some insight as to which to start reading first.

Coach Weimer

Hey thanks Coach! Ha well I sent that list of books to the Wife told her 2 pick me out 2 for Christmas, so well see what Santa brings for me  8) look forward to reading them all!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.