Interesting 160 weight class

Wrestlingfan30

This class is under the radar big time right now and if you read through most topics there is not much talk about it at all. I just want to know what exactly people think of it as a whole, who will win the state title, and what will be good matches ahead for this season. I think it will be a fun weight to watch and see who moves and what happens with everyone. Food for thought!

If johnson should be first then Lough should be second. He choked at state last year, i know because i saw it, but he had bowman on his back the whole first period at semistate and then bowman barely lost to johnson in ot. Our 160 Lough is much better than people think and i think he will do much better. But i do agree this class is under the radar but it will definitely be a fun one to watch.

If johnson should be first then Lough should be second. He choked at state last year, i know because i saw it, but he had bowman on his back the whole first period at semistate and then bowman barely lost to johnson in ot. Our 160 Lough is much better than people think and i think he will do much better. But i do agree this class is under the radar but it will definitely be a fun one to watch.

I'm not taking anything away from Lough, but Bowman hurt his ankle in the first round at semi-state & still pinned Koberstein from Princeton.  After that, he was just trying to survive thru the ticket round to get to state.  He beat Browner from Jeffersonville in the ticket round & injury defaulted to Welch.  He was going to injury default to Lough, but thought he'd try to tough it out for a better placement. Just couldn't do anything on the bad ankle & lost to Lough 5-12.  Then lost to Johnson 1-2 at State in a questionable OT escape call.  Will be lots of good rematches if they all go 160.

I think if they meet in the finals it will br a great match, well if they meet at all for that matter. But what about Harvey and the rest of the weight class? (ranked or unranked)

Harvey will most likely be a top 4 placer. I expect Bowman will probably be right up there too. Two unranked at 160 I think people should keep their eyes on are Kyle Walters of Union City and Casey Adams of Jimtown.

I'm not taking anything away from Lough, but Bowman hurt his ankle in the first round at semi-state & still pinned Koberstein from Princeton.  After that, he was just trying to survive thru the ticket round to get to state.  He beat Browner from Jeffersonville in the ticket round & injury defaulted to Welch.  He was going to injury default to Lough, but thought he'd try to tough it out for a better placement. Just couldn't do anything on the bad ankle & lost to Lough 5-12.  Then lost to Johnson 1-2 at State in a questionable OT escape call.  Will be lots of good rematches if they all go 160.

You say your not taking anything from lough, but it sounds like you are calling his victory a fluke. I heard johnson was going 152 and that bowman was going 170. But i would love to watch lough wrestle either of them. I know u may think I'm only saying this because i support ths wrestling but i think Lough has a great chance of winning it all. No less than 3rd or 4th. And once all these people get to their actual weight classes things will change and i only see his chances getting better.

You say your not taking anything from lough, but it sounds like you are calling his victory a fluke. I heard johnson was going 152 and that bowman was going 170. But i would love to watch lough wrestle either of them. I know u may think I'm only saying this because i support ths wrestling but i think Lough has a great chance of winning it all. No less than 3rd or 4th. And once all these people get to their actual weight classes things will change and i only see his chances getting better.

i think kirk is fine where he is so your info might be off

I don't think he was trying to say it was a fluke that Lough won I just think that he's trying to say the inj. is why that score was 12-7 or what ever it is and then the next week he went 1-2 to johnson. Judging by all the PM fans I'd say it's safe to say johnson is going 160. Who ever New Castle has at 160 whether it be Mullins or Decker, they'll have a good run too. I assume Mullins is going 52 and decker is going 60 but I don't know for sure.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.