Ohio Coaches Association Team State

ENoblewrestling

It was pointed out in another post that the team state tournament in Ohio has been ran by their coaches association for about the last 20 years.  Given all of the disscussion on here about our association attempting to start our own I think it would be interesting to take a look at Ohio's system to see what could work here in Indiana.

Does anyone know any of the following-

1.  Where these duals the only recognized champ in Ohio, do they also have an individual champ?

2. Is it all in or an invite?

3. How many teams get to participate at the actual finals?

4. Number of classes?

5. Dates and location.

6. How did it start, if we want ours to someday grow into this how did it start out?

7. If Ohio can do this why can't we?

Thanks in advance to anyone who could help answer these questions.  I think this could make for very helpful discussion.

I'm going off a very fading memory here...

It was not all in. I believe they took the top 8 teams from each of the 3 divisions based on retruning points scored from the previous year's indvividual District tournament. Ohio's District is like Indiana's Semi State.

To clarify,  if a team won the previous year's District tournament and all of their team points were scored by Seniors then they were not selected. Only those points scored by Juniors thru Freshman were counted for entry to the next year's Team State.

I know they held it at 3 seperate sites.

Posted this on another thread.  Ohio is changing their dual state championship format.  The new format will be sponsored not by the coach's association but by the OHSAA - the equivalent of the IHSAA.

Here is the information on the new format.  Note in the letter that they mention:

"By sponsoring a true team tournament we anticipate more youngsters participating in the future"

http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/wr/boys/2011/LetterRegardingTeamTournament.pdf

Posted this on another thread.  Ohio is changing their dual state championship format.  The new format will be sponsored not by the coach's association but by the OHSAA - the equivalent of the IHSAA.

Here is the information on the new format.  Note in the letter that they mention:

"By sponsoring a true team tournament we anticipate more youngsters participating in the future"

http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/wr/boys/2011/LetterRegardingTeamTournament.pdf

Of course they have a dreaded class system there too, so lets not get into that!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.