TEC

PITBULL

I would agree it was the best match of the night! No question here, should set the table for a great rematch at conference for sure 8)Stalling was not an issue by either wrestler, Handley had legs in and pwr half and attempting a turn while Wyatt was also doing everything he could to get up shaking him forward until he did get the reversal only to get reversed back at the end. Great stuff

You have your opinions and i have mine....we could sit and argue all night!  I thought it was a great match, hard fought by both wrestlers, they both did a great job tonight!! 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whyatt shouldve won. That kid was pretty bad, and didnt know how to run the legs.

Pretty Bad?  Handley beat a state qualifier already this year,  AND beat Wyatt last year in the conference finals.  By pin i believe.  So if you are saying Handley is pretty bad, what does that say about Wyatt?  Guess Wyatt can have another shot at him at the ECIC.  But I would imagine the result will be the same as the last two.  No guarantees but just a guess.

What about tri lincoln center ville, any of them have any standouts?

dont know much about Tri and Lincoln,   but in Centerville's loss to Connersville they only had one Victory and that was at 220lbs Babcock.   That in itself is a standout.   I dont want to say that they dont have any others, but from what i heard he is on pace to break the schools takedown record and doing this as an upper weight  is another out"standing" accomplishment.

TEC???

I think Union City wins, Union County SECOND, Centerville Thrid.

Winchester is down on their luck.  Not sure what happened to them.  But they have won 3 of the last 4 TEC championships.  The one thing I noticed that could hurt this team would be the coaches.  I didn't see Coach Mock or Coach Jones there this year, and I think that hurts their chances of winning.

Coach Malloy has already done great things with the football team and handled WC at the beginning of the year.

Hagerstown might cause some stir as well.

There will be some great matches this year during the TEC tourney.  GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

TEC???

I think Union City wins, Union County SECOND, Centerville Thrid.

Winchester is down on their luck.  Not sure what happened to them.  But they have won 3 of the last 4 TEC championships.  The one thing I noticed that could hurt this team would be the coaches.  I didn't see Coach Mock or Coach Jones there this year, and I think that hurts their chances of winning.

Coach Malloy has already done great things with the football team and handled WC at the beginning of the year.

Hagerstown might cause some stir as well.

There will be some great matches this year during the TEC tourney.  GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

allaboutturks:

Care to elaborate on why you "THINK"  that way.   

What weight classes do you have Union City winning?

This is based on the few teams I have seen in action(Union City, Northeastern, Winchester, Hagerstown, Tri)

106 CENT

113 U City close with U County

120 WC

126 U County

132 U County close with CENT

138 CENT

145 NE close match with U City

152 WC

160 U County

170 U City

182 TOSS UP

195 U City

220 CENT

HWT U County close with CENT

This is based on the few teams I have seen in action(Union City, Northeastern, Winchester, Hagerstown, Tri)

106 CENT

113 U City close with U County

120 WC

126 U County

132 U County close with CENT

138 CENT

145 NE close match with U City

152 WC

160 U County

170 U City

182 TOSS UP

195 U City

220 CENT

HWT U County close with CENT

Noo, I dont think so

First off to say Handley is bad that must mean your a jealous person or just mad because he beat your friend wyatt from UC......I believe Union city is a lil over hyped right now...Union county should be the favorite...Hagerstown is def an improved team they will be top 3 possibly.....WC is def missing their coaches, Mock and Jones were huge for that program to continue what Ron anderson and Kevin Jones had done for so many  years....worst team in Winchester history probably, The coaches they have now just do not understand the tradition and seem to not have their kids in shape.....the 19 year streak probably ends this year for the falcons....good luck to all TEC teams this year the best team win

Handley is the real deal for all you haters

It is hard to figure out conference since some of the schools don't post any results, except the team score if that.  If there were results with individual results also, there would be a good idea of who would be considered a favorite.  Hard to find any individual info for Lincoln, Union City, Hagerstown.  I think conference will be between UCo, UCi , with Hagerstown a possible 3rd, only cause I've heard they have improved and have a full or near full team.

Like FANMAN said earlier, its hard to get individual stats on some of these schools but here are my guesses:

106 Lincoln wins a close one against Winchester

113 Hagerstown (if Shook) if not, then Centerville

120 Hagerstown (if Shook) if not, then Winchester in a close match against Union County

126 Union county (not even close)

132 Union county

138 Centerville wins a close one against Union County

145 Northeastern wins a close one against Union City

152 Winchester

160 Northeastern

170 Centerville (if not still injured) if injured, then Winchester

182 Could be anyone but guessing Winchester

195 Union County

220 Centerville (not even close)

HWT Union County

Like FANMAN said earlier, its hard to get individual stats on some of these schools but here are my guesses:

113 Hagerstown (if Shook) if not, then Centerville

120 Hagerstown (if Shook) if not, then Winchester in a close match against Union County

132 Union county

152 Winchester

160 Northeastern

182 Could be anyone but guessing Winchester

195 Union County

HWT Union County

That's not real? You don't think union city will win ONE class. Kyle walters? Will be wrestling 160. Jamie antunoglue @ 182. Aurilio @ 113. Union city has ssome pretty good wrestlers. You'll here a lot of their name at ECIC this Thursday.

Good call SAparent106 . Thats why I asked this question on here. I havent seen anything on several teams and I thought Walters was still wrestling 145 like last year. I wasnt giving him a chance to beat Handley, but at 160 I will give it to him. I also stated that 182 was a total guess as I assumed  that since Antunoglue wrestled 160 last year, I figured he was at 170 this year. Definately changing my guess at 182 to Antunoglue. As far as Terriquez, I still like Shook better at 113 but in saying that, I have no idea what weight he is wrestling either. I just know he is currently about 12-0 and looked good at 112 last year but was just in a tough class with Phillips, Cox and Tipton. They all moved up and I just wondered if he stayed down because of it. But I will put him in as my guess after Shook and move Centerville out on that one. I have just been impressed with the Centerville freshman 113. My updated rankings...

113 Hagerstown (if Shook) if not, then Union City

132 Union county

152 Winchester

160 Union City

182 Union City

195 Union County

HWT Union County

Im sure I will change them again as I hear more and see results from the teams lol.

UCo 106 has allready pinned Win 106, 120 UCo beat Win, giving Rascon his only loss to date this year.  And might expect UCo wrestler @ 145 has made 138 allready and could / likely wrestle 138 at conference.  I'd have him behind Handley an Wyatt at 145, but ahead of everyone else at 138.

Let's hear about:

TOP 3 Wrestlers in the TEC?   Basically MVP type candidates?

Top Coaching Staff in the TEC?

Team Likely to have most Champs at TEC?

MVP's : Phillips, Babcock, Handley or Wyatt (which ever wins TEC lol)

Best wrestlers in the conference , Cody Phillips is by far the best, after him, few good ones, Austin Fuller ( 2 x conf champ, has beaten Handley and Wyatt in past seasons ), Handley ( 2 x conf champ, beating Wyatt last year ), Kyle Walters ( 2 x conf champ ), Blake Babcock ( 1 x conf champ, I think )

I would vote for

Phillips for sure, Handley, and Walters.   Close to making the top 3 would be Wyatt and Fuller.

Coaches...Union County?

Team with possible MOST CHAMPS....Union County.  4 maybe 5 Champs.

Fuller is a junior has Two conference Championships  winning those championships as a freshman by fall over  then #1 seed Wyatt ho only had like 3 losses that year,  went on to win a Sectional, Regional runner-up (to Campbell) which made him a semi-state qualifier.  Loosing to Price of Arsenal Tech.  As a sophomore won Conference championship by Beating again #1 seed Rascon of Winchester by Technical Fall in the finals who i think only had like 3 losses on the year.  Going on to win another Sectional championship and another regional runner-up to .... again Campbell of New Castle (state runner-up)  and falling in the semi-state to Arsenal Tech's Charlie Mcginley.   

So i think if i had to choose  i would go with a top 4 and  and say Phillips #1  followed by  Fuller, Handley and Babcock in no particular order.   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.