Possibly at first in high school wrestling

jpt189

I dont know if this a first or not, but last night a high school wrestler was crowned homecoming queen.  Christine "Teeny" Osha was crowned homecoming queen for the Washington Hatchets at their home game against Mt. Vernon.  Teeny has wrestled me for three years, being a varsity starter for the Hatchets her freshman year. One of the finest young people I have ever had the pleasure of coaching.  I may be the first wrestling coach in Indiana, if no the US, to coach a homecoming queen.  Congrats Teeny

There was a girl from Peru High School that won homecoming queen back in the late 90's.  She and her brother both wrestled and I believe she is now a cruise director in Florida, and her brother was Matt Birner.

Amy Borgnini of Terre Haute North was homecoming queen... on Senior Night she listed it in her introduction... she was the final match at 112, the team was down by 4 points and she won by fall giving the team the win over cross town rival Terre Haute South.  I don't think Hollywood could have written a better script for the night. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.