Injury Timeout Consensus

Jimtown 138

So what is eveyone's opinion on wrestlers themselves calling for an injury timeout? And what I'm talking about is when it is obviously sketchy if the wrestler is injured at all. I saw it a few time last weekend were it was used basically as a mulligan and I think it's ruining the sport. Thoughts?

I hate it and it really shows a lack of integrity by the coaches that allow this and the wrestlers that do this.  It is something that is hard to patrol as referees are not doctors and cannot deny a kid injury time for various liability purposes.  No one but the wrestler can tell you if it is a legit timeout or a breather timeout. 

Jarred has wrestled Kevon Powell from Twister at least 15 times in their career and he pulled the same "i'm hurt because i am about too be pinned" situation against Chandler Carroll and truley was about too be stuck. We have witnesses this for many years in Illinois and i know that i am not well liked in that state!!!! most Illinois officials usually avoid me at national tournaments.Kevon has never beat Jarred and i have alot of respect for Kevon and his family but i seen it comin right when Chandler dumped him too his back. We know how it feels too end up getting beat  after having ur opponent stuck and he calls for injury time and asked the official why he stopped it and his excuse was that they were out of bounds. Well anyone who knows me know that i have carred a video camera with me for 10 yrs. now and havnt missed a match in my boy's career and looking at the video he was 3 feet from the line and you could hear the kid calling for injury time on the video.This  was a big upset for "Justin" being his second year of wrestling and had "Ramos on his back pinning him. He evedently recovered from his injury and came back and beat Justin by a point. Feel for ya Chandler and his parents! I honestly have been told by Illinois parents that some coaches actually train their kids too use this tactic when tired or being pinned. Really havn't seen many Indiana officials let stuff like that ride. Kudos gentleman!!                                                                                         

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.