most improved wrestler this year!

whoami?32

Definitely Goldman, considering he went from just being a semi state qualifier last year to being a state champ this year in a wieght class with 2 top 10 nationally ranked guys. That's just nuts! I got to see him wrestle a lot last year and I was never very impressed. In fact because of that I really doubted he would even place this year. I don't know what he did in the off season but man it helped for sure. It will be very interesting to see how he does at IU. Congratz Garret!!!

I have to agree with you here... Goldman impressed everyone this year also...

Kody George from Homestead High School deserves a mention.  Went from a regional qualifier at 112 as a sophomore to a sectional champ, regional champ, state qualifier and one overtime takedown away from the podium at 119 this year.  Really hardworking kid with a huge heart.  I agree with most that Goldman was most improved in the state though.  Semi-state qualifier to state champ over two nationally ranked kids is impressive.

Definitely Goldman, considering he went from just being a semi state qualifier last year to being a state champ this year in a wieght class with 2 top 10 nationally ranked guys. That's just nuts! I got to see him wrestle a lot last year and I was never very impressed. In fact because of that I really doubted he would even place this year. I don't know what he did in the off season but man it helped for sure. It will be very interesting to see how he does at IU. Congratz Garret!!!

Goldman did a great job in the finals, Stevenson wrestled a bad match and looked worn out. Congrats again to Garrett, but its not like he was a bad wrestler before,  his weight class last year at semi state was STACKED and he just got a bad draw in the ticket round.    Also remember he wrestled in the opposite bracket of Sliga/Stevenson so its not like he went through both of them.     BUT he IS the Champ. Congrats.  

Kody George from Homestead High School deserves a mention.  Went from a regional qualifier at 112 as a sophomore to a sectional champ, regional champ, state qualifier and one overtime takedown away from the podium at 119 this year.  Really hardworking kid with a huge heart.  I agree with most that Goldman was most improved in the state though.  Semi-state qualifier to state champ over two nationally ranked kids is impressive.

i agree about george even though he does go to homestead..lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.