School closings today gotme thinking about last year....

AJ

With sectional being a week away and many schools in my area closed due to an ice storm of sorts, with 4-6 inches of snow on the way, so probably more closings, I started to think ab out the Jay County Regional last year.  Does anyone know if the IHSAA adopted the policy that they ended up using last year when they let the schools who couldnt compete wrestle a pigtail match at semistate.  I wasnt sure if that was a 1 time thing or the new policy. 

If I recall the Jay County issue wasn't the usual snow issue that is generally covered in the IHSAA policy.  I agree it would be nice if they would formulate a working policy now.  The confusion and the resulting "policy on the fly" that morning/afternoon of the event didn't work out so smoothly last year.

I also have been thinking about this with the mutiple snow/ice storms Indiana has gotten this year.  Questions.

If one school doesn't allow bus trans. the morning off, can a parent take a wrestler  to the Sectionals and enter him without a coach being there? 

Who has responsibility/authority to cancel or postpone a sectional?  If 5 schools make it and 3 don't who makes the call?

Who has responsibility/authority to cancel or postpone a sectional?  If 5 schools make it and 3 don't who makes the call?

I believe the host schools AD work in conjunction with the IHSAA to determine what should be decided due to an extreme weather situation.

Another aspect of that whole thing was allowing some schools to weigh in hours before others even arrived. They delayed but some schools were there and allowed to weigh in. Had other schools known they were going to allow weigh ins they would have been there earlier.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.