New Team Website for Indianamat.com to check out!

Coach Hull

Posted on Website Page but wanted to drop it here for traffic.  Hope it doesn't offend anyone for being in this section.  The kids are working hard and this was a "reward" for what we are building.  Still have gobs of pictures, handouts, video, etc. to add but you all get the idea.  Also, stay tuned for live video feeds during matches. (Not sure anyone will check us out this year but cool to have nonetheless :)  Watch out for those Golden Knights in a few years.  You heard it here first!!!!  Good luck this season, Indianamat.com!!

Arlington Communtiy High School:

www.goldenknightswrestling.com

Wow!  Coach, I really like your site...very nice!  

I liked that you included Wrestling and MMA,  mma will be attracting many youngsters to our sport in the upcoming years, these kids in the past would never had even though that it was an option for them.  We keep hearing over and over on all of the televised Major and Mid-level mma organizations how wrestling is THE BEST base for mma......excellent recruiting tool.

Thanks for the support!  I'm working on a Wrestling & Football page as well, but there is definately a HUGE correlation between Wrestling and MMA.  In order to build an elite program at Arlington I have to deal with the inner-city culture - which is very, very discouraging on a variety of fronts.  I figured the quickest way towards garnering interest in our sport, which was almost non-existent at Arlington, I had to unfortunately exploit the violent nature of our inner-city kids.  I hate to say it but it's true.  Nevertheless, we take this nature, and the fact almost all of the males in school watch UFC, and use it to wrestlings advantage.  Men lie and women lie, but numbers don't - so I show them the numbers of wrestlers vs. boxers that crossover into MMA who are successful.  I name the colleges or universities thier favorite fighters wrestled at and play on their own competitiveness.  I drop the biggest kid in school on his head and make sure all of his friends are around.  It wasn't neccessarily the vision I had on building a program but it seems to be working.  We had 2 wrestlers last year competing in the Sectionals and we have over 50+ trying out this year.  Most importantly, they have to like it before they love it and we all know wrestling isn't the sport you can half-a$$.  Some of the things you need to be even a decent wrestler are discipline, dedication, patience, mental fortitude, and, my favorite, character.  Once they are hooked is when we can align our expectations of what it takes to become an elite wrestler in our program.  So this violent nature then becomes controlled aggression.  If they complete our folkstyle, freestyle, and greco schedule for the year then, and only then, we may reward them by training them in MMA for those that want it.  You should see wrestling practice...they don't know too much yet but it's like a bunch of little monsters running around. :)  Great kids though.  You didn't ask for all that but I'm excitied so thanks for the support!!!  Best wishes this season!

Now that is a thing of beauty!

I love the wrestling profiles, it help gives it that personal touch.

You have put more thought into this website than some colleges do with theirs.  Keep up the good work!

wow that is an awsome site i met coach ellis when i was wrestling at cathedral, great guy, also knew marty rorhman as his son nick wrestled with us at cathedral(marty is now deceased)coach grundy is truly a heck of a guy and a great friend. Quick question(im sure indiana wrestlingguy will come to his defense) ..where is lance rhodes name on the list of arlington greats ?he always told us he was a STATE CHAMP so wheres the beef?or as he would state "its a misprint" lol.good luck golden knights its great to see the arlington program moving up and on towards greatness.

I liked that you included Wrestling and MMA,  mma will be attracting many youngsters to our sport in the upcoming years

That's what I was thinking, but I'm not seeing it yet. Cracks me up how many kids i see wearing tapout and EC shirts, and going to basketball tryouts with the other 100 kids that won't make the team. ::)

Thanks for the support! BUT, Coach Rhorman died?!?!?!????!!?!?!?!?!?  No wonder he hadn't called me back!!!  That is terrible to hear.  He came by a few times in the beginning and we were greatly looking forward to his expertise.  It seemed interesting enough but, through all the cultural and generational gaps,  we would sit and talk for hours about wrestling.  With his knowledge as an AD and former Head wrestling coach his mind was invaluable.  My condolences go to the Rhorman family.  

Interesting note on Rhorman: He told me Lance Rhodes NEVER won state.  He said he probably should have but I repeat, per Marty Rhorman, Lance Rhodes never won state.  From my understanding he told his kids he did, which goes to show me that once you get older, those losses never go away.  Even still, that never took away from Rhodes being one of the best coaches ever.  Everyone I know that was coached by Lance Rhodes may or may not have liked him at the time, but they all admire and respect him to this day.  

The team heritage info definately was entertaining putting together.  It was interesting seeing the numbers correlate from Jim Ellis up until today.  Both Ellis and Grundy were lifers.  But if you are interested in creating your own site, I used www.eteamz.com but there is also www.varsitnetworks.com  Both have free basic packages and the premium package for eteamz was about $158 per year + time getting the info and pics all together.  This site took me about a week currently.   Thanks again for the support!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.