TOM Launches Clinch Gear 5-Star Recruiting Camps - Invite Only

Drooke

TOM Launches Clinch Gear 5-Star Recruiting Camps

Apr 21st, 2010

First of its kind in wrestling

Being that The Clinch Gear Elite Recruiting Camp is by invitation only, it ensures that our campers will be proven and highly regarded talent.

Look here for the list of 2010 Invitees

Why does the wrestling world need another camp?

Let?s face it: once you get to a certain level, there isn?t much a typical summer camp can help you with.

Very few camps are designed exclusively for the elite wrestler, and none will have a field comprised of the talent we have assembled. With all of our athletes recognized as the top prospects in the country, there?s no need to teach to the least-knowledgeable or least-capable wrestler. At the Clinch Gear Recruiting Camp, we can focus on advanced training that other camps cannot.

Secondly, no other camp puts the top prospect if front of college recruiters. Our evaluators are all recognized as some of the best technicians in the country. Their evaluations will be sent to all coaches to attract their attention and to familiarize themselves with our athletes.

This camp is being designed by former NCAA All-American and Angry Fish founder Ray Brinzer. The camp also features NCAA Champion Alan Fried. You can see more here.....including the invite list....  http://news.theopenmat.com/2010/04/tom-launches-clinch-gear-5-star-recruiting-camps/

Intersting approach to camp that could be a major benifit to some DI hopefuls.  I hope a portion of it not only covers the recruiting process but also what to expect from the athletic, academic, and social aspects of a college.

Drooke,

While this looks like a unique and valuable experience, if an Indiana wrestler attends this camp he would jeopardize his eligibility for the high school season.  Indiana has a camp/clinic dead period from August 1st through the start of school.

Rule 15-3.2

Camps and Clinics

h. For all school sponsored camps and clinics and non-school sponsored camps and clinics for fall sports, attendance must be terminated prior to Monday, Week 4. For non-school sponsored camps and clinics in other sports, attendance must be terminated prior to Monday, Week 5. (See IHSAA calendar for week numbers.)

This year Week 5 starts on August 2nd.

Thanks for the heads up Y2. V said you sent him an e-mail as well.

For the Hoosiers that are on the list and interested contact The Open Mat for further information...it is certainly not our intention to jeopardize eligibility. Thanks!

If this is the case on the rules, then I think some of the high school coaches in the state need to make it clear to their wrestlers about it.  I know there is a number of top athletes that attend many camps during few the last weeks of their break.  A number of them attend a camp across the border in Ohio which  recognized as on of the toughest in the country.  The IHSAA needs to get with the times and stop holding back our wrestlers and re-write our rules so our children can compeat at the highest level possible!!!  COME ON IHSAA GET WITH THE PROGRAM

If this is the case on the rules, then I think some of the high school coaches in the state need to make it clear to their wrestlers about it.  I know there is a number of top athletes that attend many camps during few the last weeks of their break.  A number of them attend a camp across the border in Ohio which  recognized as on of the toughest in the country.  The IHSAA needs to get with the times and stop holding back our wrestlers and re-write our rules so our children can compeat at the highest level possible!!!  COME ON IHSAA GET WITH THE PROGRAM

Ray Brinzer is calling the guy at the IHSAA on Monday morning.

In no way do we want kids in trouble. If we learn they can not come then we will not allow them in.

Sad really, the camp is designed to prep kids for college.

Some of the things covered. How to pick the right school, how to manage your time in college, what to expect, rules differences, etc...

This is a two or three week at most span over the summer.  The coaches and athletic directors should know about this and each athletic director should notify their coaches about this rule as to not get a kid into trouble for it.

This is one rule by the IHSAA that I really don't have a problem with.  The IHSAA wants kids to be kids and not be shuttled around to camps all summer. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.