ISWA - Thank You and Job Well Done

I want to thank the ISWA volunteers for a job well done this week-end!  I think the "wrestling on the same mat" format was very effective and organized.  I also over heard many positive comments about the award podium and ceremony that took place for each weight class.  I realize there is a lot of work that goes into pulling these state events off.  Thank you for the opportunities you provide for my son and thousands of kids across our state.  Thank you to Ben Davis for allowing us to utilize your facilities for this event.

Coach McCormick

I have to agree 100%. We were out of there before 1pm. Very organized,changes from last year were excellent. I was very pleased with everything.  Thanks for a well organized well ran tournament!

I also agree. Fantastic job by the ISWA!! Thank you for making the little changes each year that have made this a top notch event. The podium was very cool, very much like Folkstyle Nationals. The groupings for each day were obviously done with an eye on past years numbers. I heard nothing but praise on Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks again to the ISWA!!

I completely agree!  Well done ISWA.  My son had 31 kids in his weight class, wrestled in the 7th/8th place match, received his nice medal on the awards stand, and we were back at home in South Bend by 7:30 p.m.  Wrestling on the same mat all day vastly improved the experience.

I also would like to salute JD Minch.  Nearly the entire day I watched JD officiate.  Most of the time, he refused breaks even when offered.  He did a fine job handling some tough calls and emotional kids.  It takes a special person to be that unselfish.

I have to agree with everyone and say the ISWA deserves a ton of credit for their hard work in making this an awesome experience for all those who participated.  I love the same mat all day and bout numbers format, it certainly relieved the stress of having to listen for your mat assignment.  Also, something simple like the awards podium made it very rewarding to all of those who placed.  Now, if we can get a true second match, I'm not sure what else you could do to improve on the experience. 

I see that Indy Sportz Shotz (http://www.indysportzshotz.com) have started to upload the pictures that were taken, but does anyone know about the video for the finals matches?  Is there a way to view them or some way to order them?  I'd love to have a copy of the finals matches to re-watch when these boys make it to the High School State Finals! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.