Weight Allowance

Walter Sobchak

It has been comfirmed by the tournament director that the Evansville Semistate will get an additional 2lbs.  This is the email she sent out.

"Please forward this information on to your Wrestling Coaches!!!!

It is now confirmed??

There will be a 2 lb. weight allowance at Semi State Wrestling at Roberts Stadium.  There was one school that I have confirmed that has been out of school and prohibited from practice.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while I was trying to get this information.

If you have any questions please let me know."

Hey Coach Peck, what about Rushville...I heard they were not in school today either. Any word from them?

Mr. Bergum has contacted all of the schools in the New Castle Semi-State via email and no one has responded that they are our of school and not practicing.  I honestly cannot imagine anyone not practicing today.

"If any student has missed school today due to school closing and is prohibited from practice by school mandate, all wrestlers in that semi state are afforded one extra pound.  If the same school misses tomorrow under the same conditions, all wrestlers are now granted two pounds additional weight allowance.  The maximum weight for the 103 class then would be 107 and so forth."

The way it looks from the second paragraph of the second revised letter  Bobby Cox sent out  if a student is out Wednesday due to weather and i prohibited from practice on Thursday one pound is afforded and if they were to miss today 2 pounds would be afforded.    Why would he mention Thursday first giving a pound then follow up and say if they were out Friday there would be 2??

"If any student has missed school today due to school closing and is prohibited from practice by school mandate, all wrestlers in that semi state are afforded one extra pound.  If the same school misses tomorrow under the same conditions, all wrestlers are now granted two pounds additional weight allowance.  The maximum weight for the 103 class then would be 107 and so forth."

The way it looks from the second paragraph of the second revised letter  Bobby Cox sent out  if a student is out Wednesday due to weather and i prohibited from practice on Thursday one pound is afforded and if they were to miss today 2 pounds would be afforded.    Why would he mention Thursday first giving a pound then follow up and say if they were out Friday there would be 2??

Because he either doesn't know how to read a rule or he doesn't know how to explain a rule.  Either way, he is most definitely wrong.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.