what is going on with ind wrestling

meto

Bobby Cox letting one kid wrestle that was over weight and riped apart dreams of others that couldn't make weigh ins, i dont know if his position is an elected position but i think its time ishaa makes a change starting with bobby cox

Who was allowed to wrestle over weight? What was the rationale?

van hook from castle reg . was over weight coach claimed scales was tampered with when his wrestler was the only one not make weight so they called bobby cox and he let the kid wrestle

van hook from castle reg . was over weight coach claimed scales was tampered with when his wrestler was the only one not make weight so they called bobby cox and he let the kid wrestle

Every other kid made weight right??? Did they take the scales in another room for a few minutes and bring it back out and then say " oh here you go" weigh in on these..? How does something like this even happen?

the other treads say he was .03 over on two scales

Wow, well that sets a bad precedence. If another wrestler is slightly over all they have to do is claim the scales were tampered with and they get to wrestle now?

Don't they have multiple scales to weigh in on? If everyone else made it sounds like he ate or drank too much. I would hope nobody would tamper with scales, but guess we'll never know.

112 other wrestlers made weght and everybody knows most wrestlers are right on weight or maybe a point or two under so if the other 112 wrestlers made it it is highly unlikely there were any tampering

I guess I should have been on the phone with Bobby Cox.  My son was at the Jay County regional, we arrived at 12:40pm and weighed in, he weighed 115.3lbs.  This was after being told at 10:15am (enough time to make weigh ins) that his season was over we were not allowed to go.  My son decided to eat, only to receive a phone call at 11:12am telling us he could go????  We thought might as well give it a shot and he was .3lb over.....this was after he ate, I know for a fact he would have made weight if only we had been allowed to go in the first place.

It is almost as if the IHSAA is being ran by a bunch of Flunkies from the Nixson administration. To have what happened on the two ends of the state yesterday gets me literally feeling sick to my stomach!! Shame on Coach Ferguson for even attempting to appeal the weight issue. You have put a major black eye on Pather wrestling and yourself. And to Cox, you have the power to make the incident at Jay County right, so DO IT!!!

Let?s be mindful that these students work very hard to maintain their weight, and for this reason we should only recount the facts told by the attending officials, from that particular event.  The comments on this thread leave one to believe that IHSAA?s system is corrupt, and not only is it an unfair judgment, but mainly a poor example of true leadership and sportsmanlike conduct on our part.

In this case, facts are necessary to make comments regarding any wrestler in Indiana. As adults, we shouldn?t spend too much time on verbal speculation or hear-say?we have to remain a positive example for our wrestlers. 

Please respect Indiana wrestlers and only post what is fair:  Get the facts and get the quotes from the attending officials.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.