Who has authority over the IHSAA?

pin2win1

Who in this state has authority over the IHSAA?

That is my question, because whoever it is, we should all call and flood their inboxes with a ton of letters asking for the resignation of the head of the IHSAA unless he makes the Jay County regionals right.

Who is with me??????

I say after this fiasco then, we push the state government to disband the IHSAA and institue a governing body that oversees all academic as well as atheletic competitions that is a part of the department of education. I know it was proposed last year, but I wasn;t the biggest fan of it, but as I have seen that the IHSAA does not give a hoot about the athletes and only cares to stroke it's own ego, it is time for it to go.... who is with me.... lets write to our state legislators on this issue.

I say after this fiasco then, we push the state government to disband the IHSAA and institue a governing body that oversees all academic as well as atheletic competitions that is a part of the department of education. I know it was proposed last year, but I wasn;t the biggest fan of it, but as I have seen that the IHSAA does not give a hoot about the athletes and only cares to stroke it's own ego, it is time for it to go.... who is with me.... lets write to our state legislators on this issue.

wow that would just put another bureaucratic Goff ball in charge

It may put another bereaucratic goof ball in charge, but atleast this bereaucratic goofball would answer to a higher power for screwing over kids. No matter what there will be a bereaucracy in charge if HS sports. I say lets atleast have someone who can punish those who make poor decisions by punishing kids for not breaking laws.

And most of the principals do not have a dog in the fight so will not pressure the IHSAA and/or bobby cox because they have issues like budget cuts, etc. to worry about.  The IHSAA knows this and know they they risk little chance of repercussions when they make seemingly mindless decisions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.